1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Board member is wrong on abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by shinninglight, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinninglight

shinninglight New Member

" For you to push this as you are smacks of harassement to me."

Targus, give me a break. Harrassment my you know what.

My purpose for asking LadyEagles comment is that this abortion issue is very dear to her heart and I for one would like to hear her view. She has been awfully quiet on this. There is no trap here. She considers herself an expert on this topic and I want to hear from the expert. Simple

#41 shinninglight, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  2. targus

targus New Member

One need not be an expert to know that abortion is a deliberate killing of an innocent human life.

One need not be an expert to know that Obama has consistently pushed for abortion throughout his political career.

Obama pushed for the murder of newly born babies through neglect.

One of Obama's first acts as president was to fund overseas abortions with our tax dollars.

If you are not aware of this you should start to educate yourself in the basics before seeking to enter into fine point discussions about hypotheticals.

The wholesale slaughter of the unborn is REAL.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Yea you are right, however What part of "Thou Shalt Not Kill" do you not understand? My conscience and convictions tell me that abortion is murder. If they were to pass a law that everyone named Tom can be killed on sight as long as Harry does not want any Toms in the world it would still be murder in God's eyes. Do not and I repeat DO NOT take the money that I make and kill babies with it!!!!!!!!

4. targus

targus New Member

Why do you hate abortion? Because it is murder?

Why do you excuse this particular murder because someone "feels compelled to do it"?

If someone needs money and "feels compelled" to kill someone in order to take their money would you excuse that too?

If someone thinks that another treated them with disrespect and "feels compelled" to kill the offending party would you excuse that too?

What is your moral framework for the conclusions that you reach?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

LE,
    Please close this thread. Everyone has been talking to this poster for five pages, and nothing is sinking in.

6. shinninglight

shinninglight New Member

I have no real conclusion except that if you are a Women and in a Situation where you have an Unwanted pregnancy You really don't Know what your going to do until your in that situation. We here are all armchair quarterbacks, we don't have a clue what its like to be in that situation. Especially the women on this board, until your faced with it you really really don't know.

Having said all this, I don't agree with or support abortion, nor do I support Obama's policies on abortion. I'm just saying women will find a way to make a choice. Some will keep the baby, some will put the baby up for adoption and some will abort. Only a women in the situation when it comes will know what to do. All the women on here can say this and that(using scripture and christian doctrines) but they really don't know.

7. targus

targus New Member

That does not answer my question.

Why do you hate abortion?

8. shinninglight

shinninglight New Member

Because like everyone else on here I believe in life at conception. That the fetus is life and that it is a sin to kill. Very simple. For me. But not for a women in an unwanted pregnancy situation. But then again I'm not a women so what do I know.

#48 shinninglight, Aug 5, 2009
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing intense about your posts on abortion. They are disquisting. You are welcome to call all the names you want, but never on this board I have seen a person say out of one side of their mouth they are against abortion, and out the other give reasons, exceptions for understanding it or lessening blame. It is an honor to be called the worst kind of Christian by someone with such a lack of understanding.

10. targus

targus New Member

Why do you excuse this particular murder because someone "feels compelled to do it"?

If someone needs money and "feels compelled" to kill someone in order to take their money would you excuse that too?

If someone thinks that another treated them with disrespect and "feels compelled" to kill the offending party would you excuse that too?

What is your moral framework for the conclusions that you reach?

11. shinninglight

shinninglight New Member

Where is LadyEagle? Where is the expert on this issue?

12. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you feel like she has to come, just because you demanded it of her?

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Oh dont your worry. She or someone will be here shortly.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are a destructive poster, and will not last long.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

This is rationalizing at its worst.

If it is a sin to kill a child, then it doesn't matter what gender you are, and what life experiences you've had, or not.

You don't get to make exceptions to what God hath said.

If you don't know that, then very little of Christian doctrine will make any sense to you.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The problem lies in the phrase "unwanted pregnancy". An unwanted unborn child is entitled to be born as much as a wanted unborn child. This doesn't change based on a expectant mother's life experiences.

I myself am the product of an "unwanted" conception. A few folks on this board might might volunteer to go back in time and perform an abortion on me themselves, but I think most here are glad that my mother chose to have me. My mother's life turned out fine, and so did mine.

#56 Johnv, Aug 5, 2009
  17. shinninglight

shinninglight New Member

Johnv states... "An unwanted unborn child is entitled to be born as much as a wanted unborn child".

I am in total agreement with this statement.

18. RAdam

RAdam New Member

For anyone that doubts the depravity of the human mind, just study abortion and the reasoning behind abortion. It's a truly eye opening experience.

It saddens me deeply that Christians are ok with this. I'm horrified by it and I pray daily that God will forgive this country and longsuffer this activity.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

Good. We are in agreement on such.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since it is clear that abortion is wrong and murder then it does not effect the needed outcome in any pregnancy and therefore to proclaim that it is a complex issue is neither helpful nor is it correct and only works to unnecessarily muddy the waters leaving open the possibility that one who makes such proclamations is willing to compromise this issue when simply expedient to do so. As a result one who makes such a claim appears inconsistent and incoherent and cannot be trusted on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.