1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bombing suspect 2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sminasian, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What will you say if i post the link for you MB...will you retract your foul statement??? probably not.You will just invent another excuse.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Agreed about wasting others lives.

But don't you feel at least a bit sad that he has also wasted his own life?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All unsaved life is sad ...and a waste as they remain in rebellion to the True and living God. They remain in the realm of death.It does not matter if it is a murderer, or a drug addict, or a business man.....sinful rebellion is a waste.

Capital punishment and lawful human government is to protect the life of it's citizens.

My concern is for the victims here primarily.Most muslims have heard of the gospel, know about it, and reject it.

OT laws were given as a protection.and capital punishment has never been rescinded since Gen 9:6.

They had other explosive devices, their hearts were set upon wickedness.

4. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Jesus would disagree.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Yes I do feel, not sympathy really, but a sense of loss over a handsome young man that just threw his life away. One horrific decision before he's even 20 and his life is over, and that is if he lives through his injuries. (which he will. America loves to patch up its criminals just so they can execute them later)

For me, this sense of loss comes from having a son that is almost the same age. Struggling to become a man without a father. Wanting to be grown up but not quite there yet. I can totally see how a kid could get caught up in something and never acknowledge, perhaps never even recognize the possibility of, the consequences that would result from his actions. Or they might not believe you when you tell them what could happen. Son of mine has been googling behind me when I tell him "this is the penalty for X, this is what is going to happen if you are stupid and Y". He's found out mom does have a brain after all. (how about that!!) But I know, from being around him and his posse of friends, just how easy it is for one kid to egg on another until they are both doing something stupid. And Mom and Dad can't stand between them and their immaturity forever.