1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BOMBSHELL: Is this the truth about Freddie Gray’s spinal injury?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A “rush to judgment” happens quite often these days – not that the eventual truth changes any minds when it does finally emerge.

After all, “hands up, don’t shoot” has become a part of our culture, even though it was patently false in the case of Michael Brown.

In Baltimore, the untimely death of Freddie Gray has touched off a powder keg of unrest particularly because of the reported near-severing of Gray’s spinal cord which ultimately lead to his demise. What terrible violence on the part of police could have caused such a terrible injury?

Unless that injury was pre-existing.

by RevContent
    From Rickwells.us

The media is leaving out much of the career criminal history of Freddie Gray in their reporting. It seems now that they may also be failing to discuss his very relevant medical history, one which may have included multiple surgeries for spinal injuries incurred in a car crash.
    Health privacy laws limit the availability of medical information, but a public records search in the Howard Court Civil System website provides evidence that Gray had received a settlement and had engaged with Peachtree Funding to obtain a lump sum payment.
    The media has been remiss in reporting this information, preferring to portray the career criminal as the victim of police misconduct. Other anonymous sources indicate that Gray may have had surgery as recently as ten days prior to the incident in which he was involved in a forty-five minute flee to evade the authorities. He could have easily re-injured himself in his reckless attempt to avoid capture.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/04/bombshell-is-this-the-truth-about-freddie-gray-spinal-injury/

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep because we all know that the police would never do something like this. :rolleyes:

The man was fine that morning and suddenly his larnyx is crushed and 80% of his spine is severed?

He could have had surgery the day before and it still would have taken a level of brutality to do that.

But police don't have to ask if you just had surgery before they start rough handling ya.

They are liable and will pay a terrible price.

Some are just always looking for ways to discredit and blame the dead while attempting to absolve the guilty parties.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If true, it's certainly something that would , at the very least, be a contributing factor and should be investigated.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But now it seems he may have been standing up in the van while it was moving and simply fell headfirst into the door and broke his stupid neck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's already a pattern of behavior established for Baltimore cops doing this.
    And there was no fall of any sort that crushed his larynx.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He did not die of a "crushed larynx".

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He still didn't crush his larynx himself. So if you think that is a non-prosecutable happening, tell the SA.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Who says he didn't? If the van was moving and he didn't possess enough intelligence to sit his rear down and stay down, and instead tried to stand up and was even throwing himself around, then he certainly could be responsible for his crushed larynx.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Anybody with good sense.

Like I said, anyone with good sense knows the man didn't crush his own larynx.

10. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, good sense isn't common...at least in this forum.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've come to that realization too. I listened to Sean Hannity try to politicize and talk a way out of these charges on his radio show today. And Geraldo Rivera of all people kept shooting him down and telling him how absurd it was that the man severed his own spine intentionally and crushed his own larynx.

Now Sean's saying that he spoke to two police officers who say a drug deal was going down when they started chasing Freddy Gray.

Geraldo told him there's not what they arrested him for. :laugh:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Then the burden of proof is on the state to prove how and when it happened.

It's obvious they can't do that. I don't believe they will even try. The larynx
    Injury, if there was one is a non factor.

Matter of fact, they will be unable to prove most, if not all, their charges.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I guess that's why they indicted because they believe they can prove it. That's better than the status quo of just excusing the police behavior as justified.

If they couldn't do it, there would have been no need to press charges. You shouldn't be scared. The officers are gonna get what they deserve for killing that man.

If it helps you to sleep tonight.[​IMG]

14. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What you mean is "Anyone following your agenda knows the man didn't crush his own larynx." If you weren't looking to spout out a hate filled, racially charged message, then you might be able to uncloud your judgement long enough to realize that we don't know all the facts and that there is certainly a possibility that he was acting like a fool in the van and injured himself.

I'm not saying that is 100% the case. I'm saying it is a possibility. See, I'm open to all sides, unlike you who either has the ability to have seen in that van or simply has an agenda.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your ignorance on the subject is astounding.

They haven't been indicted and I'll sleep fine, no matter which way it goes.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My ignorance is light years behind your prejudice to blame the dead man.

They will all be spending time in jail.

17. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When Obama and his black pals step in.......its all about race now instead of justice. If Obama had a son he would look like Freddie Krueger!

#17 Jedi Knight, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What was it about when all of the white officers and their white prosecutor pals stepped in all over the country?

Nobody is upset about the cops being charged except racially prejudiced white folks who see any challenge to the police as a challenge to their authority. Otherwise, folks with good sense fully understand why the cops were charged.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Not if you believe they have been indicted.

If and when they are indicted, it won't be for most of the bogus charges used to placate the public.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being dead does not make one innocent, neither does being unarmed.