1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book most often quoted for Supporting my Arguments

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have it on kindle for quick reference. It's my "go to" for good theology. :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very funny! Well-done!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That looks like a translation. Do you have it in the original? :Wink

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

A BODY OF DOCTRINAL DIVINITY

~~~~~~

--INTRODUCTION--

~~~~~~

BOOK I.
    OF GOD, HIS WORD, NAMES, NATURE, PERFECTIONS, AND PERSONS.

Of the Being of God † Of the Holy Scriptures † Of the Names of God † Of the Nature of God † Of the Attributes of God † Of the Infinity of God † Of the Life of God † Of the Omnipotence of God † Of the Omniscience of God † Of the Wisdom of God † Of the Will of God, and its Sovereignty † Of the Love of God † Of the Grace of God † Of the Mercy of God † Of the Longsuffering of God † Of the Goodness of God † Of the Anger of God † Of the Hatred of God † Of the Joy of God † Of the Holiness of God † Of the Justice of God † Of the Veracity of God † Of the Faithfulness of God † Of the Sufficiency of God † Of the Blessedness of God † Of the Unity of God † Of a Plurality in the Godhead † Of the Personal Relations in Deity † Of the Distinct Personality and Deity of the Father † Of the Distinct Personality and Deity of the Son † Of the Distinct Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit

~~~~~~

BOOK II.
    OF THE ACTS AND WORKS OF GOD

Of the Internal Acts of God, and of his Decrees in general † Of the Special Decrees of God, particularly of Election † Of the Rejection of some Angels and some Men † Of the Union of the Elect to God † Of Adoption as an Immanent Act † Of the Everlasting Council † Of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace † Of the Part the Father took in the Covenant † Of the Part the Son of God took in the Covenant † Of Christ as the Covenant Head of the Elect † Of Christ the Surety of the Covenant † Of the Love of God † Of Christ the Testator of the Covenant † Of the Concern the Spirit has in the Covenant † Of the Properties of the Covenant † Of the Complacency and Delight the Divine Persons had in each other from everlasting

~~~~~~

BOOK III.
    OF THE EXTERNAL WORKS OF GOD

Of Creation in General † Of the Creation of Angels † Of the Creation of Man † Of the Providence of God † Of the Confirmation of the Elect Angels, Of the Fall of the Non-elect Angels † Of the Honour and Happiness of Man in Innocence † Of the Law given to Adam, and Covenant with him † Of the Sin and Fall of our First Parents † Of the Nature, Aggravations, and sad Effects of the Sin of Man † Of the Imputation of Adam's Sin to all his Posterity † Of the Corruption of Human Nature † Of Actual Sins and Transgressions † Of the Punishment of Sin

~~~~~~

BOOK IV.
    OF THE ACTS OF THE GRACE OF GOD TOWARDS AND UPON HIS ELECT IN TIME.

Of the Manifestation and Administration of the Covenant of Grace † Of the Covenant of Grace in the Patriarchal State † Of the Covenant of Grace under the Mosaic Dispensation † Of the Covenant of Grace in the Times of David and the Prophets † Of the Abrogation of the Old Covenant † Of the Law of God † Of the Gospel

~~~~~~

BOOK V.
    OF THE GRACE OF CHRIST IN HIS STATES OF HUMILIATION AND EXALTATION, AND IN THE OFFICES EXERCISED BY HIM IN THEM.

Of the Incarnation of Christ † Of Christ's State of Humiliation † Of the Active Obedience of Christ † Of the Passive Obedience of Christ † Of the Burial of Christ † Of the Resurrection of Christ † Of the Ascension of Christ † Of the Session of Christ at the Right Hand of God † Of the Prophetic Office of Christ † Of the Priestly Office of Christ † Of the Intercession of Christ † Of Christ's Blessing his People as a Priest † Of the Kingly Office of Christ † Of the Spiritual Reign of Christ

~~~~~~

BOOK VI.
    OF THE BLESSINGS OF GRACE, AND THE DOCTRINES OF IT.

Of Redemption by Christ † Of the Causes of Redemption † Of the Objects of Redemption † Of Scriptures favoring Universal Redemption † Of the Satisfaction of Christ † Of Propitiation, Atonement, and Reconciliation † Of Pardon of Sin † Of Justification † Of Adoption † Of the Liberty of the Sons of God † Of Regeneration † Of Effectual Calling † Of Conversion † Of Sanctification † Of the Perseverance of the Saints

~~~~~~

BOOK VII.
    OF THE FINAL STATE OF MEN.

Of the Death of the Body † Of the Immortality of the Soul † Of the Separate State of the Soul † Of the Resurrection of the Body † Of the Second Coming and Personal Appearance of Christ † Of the Conflagration of the Universe † Of the New Heavens and Earth, and their Inhabitants † Of the Millennium, or Personal Reign of Christ † Of the Last and General Judgment † Of the Final State of the Wicked in Hell † Of the Final State of the Saints in Heaven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

con't

6. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A BODY OF PRACTICAL DIVINITY

~~~~~~

BOOK I.
    OF THE WORSHIP OF GOD.

Of the Object of Worship † Of Internal Worship, or Godliness † Of the Knowledge of God † Of Repentance towards God † Of the Fear of God † Of Faith in God † Of Trust or Confidence in God † Of the Grace of Hope † Of the Grace of Love † Of Spiritual Joy † Of Peace and Tranquillity of Mind † Of Contentment Of Mind † Of Thankfulness to God † Of Humility † Of Self-Denial † Of Resignation to the Will of God † Of Patience † Of Christian Fortitude † Of Zeal † Of Wisdom or Prudence † Of Godly Sincerity † Of Spiritual Mindedness † Of a Good Conscience † Of Communion with God

~~~~~~

BOOK II.
    OF EXTERNAL WORSHIP, AS PUBLIC.

Of a Gospel Church, the Seat of Public Worship † Of the Duties of Church Members to each Other † Of Church Officers, particularly Pastors † Of the Duties of Members to their Pastors † Of the Office of Deacons † Of Church Discipline

~~~~~~

BOOK III.
    OF THE PUBLIC ORDINANCES OF DIVINE WORSHIP.

Of Baptism † Of the Lord's Supper † Of the Public Ministry of the Word † Of Public Hearing the Word † Of Public Prayer † Of the Lord's Prayer † Of Singing Psalms † Of the Place and Time of Public Worship

~~~~~~

BOOK IV.
    PRIVATE WORSHIP, OR OF VARIOUS DUTIES, DOMESTIC, CIVIL, AND
    MORAL.

Of the Duties of Husband and Wife † Of the Duties of Parents and Children † Of the Duties of Masters and Servants † Of the Duties of Magistrates and Subjects † Of Good Works in General † A Compendium of the Ten Commands

John Gill's Exposition of the Whole Bible
    Old Testament
    Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers
    Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth
    1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings
    1 Chronicles 2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah
    Esther Job Psalms Proverbs
    Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah
    Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea
    Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah
    Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah
    Haggai Zechariah Malachi

New Testament
    Matthew Mark Luke John
    Acts Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians
    Galatians Ephesians Philippians Colossians
    1 Thessalonians 2 Thessalonians 1 Timothy 2 Timothy
    Titus Philemon Hebrews James
    1 Peter 2 Peter 1 John 2 John
    3 John Jude Revelation

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I was wrong once- but I was mistaken

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been there myself, brother. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then the Lord corrected me and I found out how really wrong I was... Brother Glen:Notworthy

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to call my pastor about my situation - So I set down in my office and picked up the phone to call the pastors cell phone - and my cell phone rang........

• Funny Funny x 1