1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book Review: Theistic Evolution, a Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by KenH, Nov 20, 2017.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “In Theistic Evolution, a Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique, the authors provide a thorough analysis of the theistic evolution paradigm. In doing so they add to the discussion some additional arguments against Darwinism along with arguments which forward a Christian framework regarding creation. This is not another YEC package of simple answers. Neither is it an apologetic for ID. The argument is more straightforward: Theistic evolution (TE) represents an unacceptable compromise, and even a surrender.

Book Review: Theistic Evolution, a Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique - Evangelical Perspective

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are quite a few contributors that generated my interest in this book. Two in particular:

I was most curious about J. P. Moreland’s contribution to the book. In previous works his contributions to the philosophy of science and theology have been both challenging and beneficial. Unfortunately at $60 there is no chance that I’d purchase this tome and excepting Moreland’s contribution, the review met my expectations.

I've read quite a few books by Wayne Grudem and am familiar enough with his position on creationism, (without a recent review) he considers theistic evolution an unacceptable choice for Christians. I fully anticipated that his contribution would be plain and ordinary. The review did nothing but confirm my expectations.

Rob

#2 Deacon, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist