1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Border Stormed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Adonia, Nov 25, 2018.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a trade off - appreciation and enjoyment of our legacy.

Yes we have the greased lightning trains these here are for enjoyment as well as going from point A to Point Z.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the entire thing may be fictional. In any case, "she" was originally anonymous.

As to which is the more appropriate here, cake or brioche, the one that goes better with British tea!

And if someone invites you to an American British tea party, you might be wise to beware.:Wink

3. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I eat more brioche than cake., Not that is a lot..

"She" was Marie Antoinette.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt the immigrants will appreciate either, while you serve tables.
    Yes, I’m aware of that highly doubtful attribution…
    Did Marie-Antoinette Really Say “Let Them Eat Cake”?

5. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for me I choose not to be too judgemental towards many of these people trying to cross. Such doesn't mean I'd let them in but from a personal standpoint they probably don't feel they fit in anywhere. They don't look upon their country as their country they probably view it as the ones who do have anything are merely elites and tyrants. These people are being compelled by the basic impulse instinct to survive .

Sure they claim and act like it's their right to cross the boarder but if acting like it's their right actually creates the reality of it they're willing to live with that. The thing is though a couple of generations up ahead if others tried to come in they'd probably say that those others should come in legally. The real issue is how should authorities of a nation respond to it?

What type of immigration flow should OR can they allow without social benefit systems imploding. People in caravans will not or could not care about that in any way shape or form. It's like the Titanic having sunk and people in the water trying to swamp the life boats. Intelligent assessments always have to be made of what is possible and what isn't. Unfortunately for these people that can only be done through legal immigration not just trying to overwhelm a country. I feel for them but sanity has got to prevail.

• Agree Agree x 1