1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born Of God

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Vladimir, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABOUT BIRTH FROM ABOVE

What do I see in the Bible about this?

There is a biblical and very brief formula: " Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." Simple and universal!

Why such a formula is more correct than the generally accepted tradition: "Repented = born again"?

Because it corresponds 100% to what Christ taught about the birth of Above in John 3: 1-21. We have the original source of the Birth from Above Doctrine - The Christ Himself!

I propose for all in the Birth from Above Doctrine let’s stop to be, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to our own way in a study of a Birth from Above Doctrine - then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming according to the elements of the world, according to the philosophies, according to human traditions, the cunning art of seduction, not according to The Christ.

I suggest that you take a great interest in the Birth from Above Doctrine directly from Christ - "we know that you are a teacher who came from God" (John 3: 2). His doctrine is the most powerful Doctrine skeleton for the Body of Christ!

What did I see in the teaching of Christ about Birth from Above Doctrine?

1. Born from above is not the soul, or the body, or combination of the two, - it is our spirit born from above, New Born Spirit! The new spirit who dwells in us from the birth moment is born from the SPIRIT,- John3:6

2. The birth of a new Spirit in human occurs through faith in the fact that Jesus is the Christ.

But there is a problem. The meaning of His Name is not always revealed before believing in His Name.

Let's try to discover it better.

1.God gave us His Son for the purpose that His mission would be accomplished. The name "Christ" bears an immensely important meaning. And the meaning of His name is the Savior of the world. Christ = the Savior of the world. God loved the whole world, -Jn3: 14, 15, 16. On the Cross, the salvation of the human race was accomplished.

2. Whoever believes in His Name (Christ = the Savior of the world), this one accepts Christ.

3. Inn that one person, Christ by His Spirit makes the birth from Above, He creates new creation- the new spirit (John 3: 18, John 3: 6)

Who does NOT NEED it?

Those who has no need of Christ in, who doesn’t go to the Light, i.e. Those who do not recognize themselves as 100% sinner, i.e. they are not Repentant. This Light enlightens everyone, without exception, a person who comes to the world (John 3: 19, 20). It is also appropriate to mention here about John chapter 1.

To whom is it NECESSARY?

To a repentant, i.e. to those who recognized themselves as 100% sinner, i.e. Penitential, i.e. those who go to the Light, and do not run away from Him, that is, those who need Christ (John. 3:21).

To this powerful skeleton (the Teaching of Christ on Birth from Above Doctrine in John3: 1-21), now it is very easy to increment the powerful muscles of the doctrine of the birth from above on the basis of Christ and the Apostles:

1. The Center of Revelation about God becomes the Truth, that He is our Father,- 1John, chapter 2 , and 3.

A father does not exist without children. Children are not without birth. John, chapter 1; Rome.8; 1John, chapter 2, and3.

2. It is revealed that Christ stands at the door of every human who comes into the world and knocks to their heart. He is waiting to be received.

It is up to everyone to accept Him or not to accept Him,- John1; Revelation 3:20.

And to those who receive Him, He enters to them.

By entering, He commits the birth of the spirit by His Spirit (John 3: 5,6, John 1, Rom. 8.)

3. It is revealed that we are saved through this resurrection by Him (Eph. 2)

The question arises: "How can we receive Him?"

Believe in His Name! (John3: 18; 1John 5: 1.)

By this faith, we open the door to Him, and He enters to make a birth from Above.

What is hidden in His Name?

Christ = the Savior of the world. John3: 16.17; In4: 25, In4: 42; In1: 29; 2Cor5: 19

The immediate task of the Church, which is the pillar and affirmation of Truth, is to examine and inform the people of what precious meaning is borne by His Name.

Through His Name, the Truth is revealed that He is the Savior of the world, and in fact the Savior of every soul who has a breath in his nostrils.

Is this fact enough to have eternal life with God after death?

NO. INSUFFICIENT.

To have a life with God after death, one must become His child = born again.

How to be in the number of His children = born again?

To believe that He saved all those who have breathing in their nostrils, and if all of them, then, without a reason, and you, dear friend.

BY THIS FAITH YOU OPEN DOOR FOR HIM, HE ENTERS, MAKES BIRTH OF ABOVE, AND GIVES POWER TO BE A CHILD OF GOD.

Some time ago I did not focus on the fullness of the Name of our Savior. After the visit of one FB group, another important aspect of His Name was clarified. Yeshua = Jesus = Savior of the soul / souls from their sins. Sin traumatizes the soul. And now I see better that formula of birth from above: Anyone who believes that Yeshua (the Savior of the Souls of His people from their sins) is Christ (the Savior of the world from the wages of sin) is born of God !!! May His Name be exalted above all names !!! Let every knee bow down before His Name !!!!

Two aspects of salvation are revealed. The Spirit is saved by a single offering through our faith. The soul continues until the moment of death

of the body to need the Savior from sins, she groans from them for release (Rom. 8: 19-21), and with fear and trembling we perform the salvation of our soul from sins with the help of the Savior of our souls (Phil.2 : 12-13). Sin traumatizes our souls, so we run to the Savior.
    Born from God-о рождении свыше - Владимир Сургай

#1 Vladimir, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I''m sorry that I clicked "agree" without reading your post more closely.
    No, this statement is NOT Biblical. We do not "perform the salvation of our soul". Salvation comes only from God.

3. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took it from Bible, by the way. It mentioned two persons to work on soul salvation. Perhaps, you confused salvation of soul and salvation of spirit. Please, read again my article closely :)
    Here is Bible, Phil 2:
    12 Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
    13 For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.…

CONFUSIONS ARE GOING ON FOR 500 YEARS BETWEEN "SALVATION OF SPIRIT" (ONE TIME DEAL AT THE EVENT OF "BORN FROM ABOVE" ) AND CONTINUING WORK TOWARD "SOUL SALVATION" FROM ITS SINS (UNTIL DEATH OF ANY BODY). We need to clear out this confusion. No living soul had been completely saved from sins except Jesus Christ had no sin at all ever. Apostle Paul was not free from sins of his soul. James too etc.

4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more (Bible verse) about efforts of the two:
    Matthew 11:28-30New King James Version (NKJV)
    "28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

CONFUSIONS ARE GOING ON FOR 500 YEARS BETWEEN "SALVATION OF SPIRIT" (ONE TIME DEAL AT THE EVENT OF "BORN FROM ABOVE" ) AND CONTINUING WORK TOWARD "SOUL SALVATION" FROM ITS SINS (UNTIL DEATH OF ANY BODY). We need to clear out this confusion. No living soul had been completely saved from sins except Jesus Christ had no sin at all ever. Apostle Paul was not free from sins of his soul. James too etc.

5. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brotherman, I don't know what you're getting at, but a man only gets saved once, and it's a done deal.

6. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Bible, brotherman, from Bible.
    I already said above. In spirit it's one time deal. In soul it's progressive. Until death of your body. From Salvation of soul you can't add nothing to one time deal of spirit's Salvation. Do not confuse spirit with soul

7. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be super pride from your side to claim that your soul is saved and free from sins . "If someone is claiming he has no sins he is a liar an makes God as a liar" 1Jn1

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this respect, there are two(2) applications to the word "saved":
    Upon being "born again", one is saved from the penalty of sin(Hell). But throughout the Christian life, through progressive sanctification, one is being "saved" from the practice of sin. When a person is born again, they now have two(2) natures; the "old nature", "old man" or "the flesh" and the "new man" which has the Spirit of Christ. This "new nature" or "new man" which is "born of God" cannot sin. (i John 3:9) But our "old nature" or "old man" aka "the flesh" can. What I am telling you is Biblical, I will give you more scripture on it later when i get time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How I do love the Apostle Paul and how he describes things and realize when I do sin there is a throne of grace available to every sinner in time of need... Brother Glen:)

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, absolutely
    Galatians 5: 16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for getting what I said. The same, basically.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case we have Urdu speaking people here is my booklet translated in Pakistan churches 1000 copies
    عنوان کتابچہ : "خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کا مطلب"
    مُصنف : ویلڈمر
    مترجم : ونسینٹ پیس
    ناشرین : کرائسٹ اسمبلیز چرچ انٹرنیشنل (شعبہ نشرواشاعت)
    تاریخ اشاعت : 2017م ۔ بار اوّل
    برائے رابطہ : پادری شاہد مسیح (0345-7699869)

جُملہ حقوق بحق ناشرین محفوظ ہیں ، بغیر اجازت نشرواشاعت منع ہے۔

"خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کا مطلب"
    خُدا کے کلام' بائیبل مقدس کا ارشاد۔
    ایک مختصر کلیہ:
    " جِس کا یہ ایمان ہے کہ یسوع ہی مسیح ہے وُہ خُدا سے پیدا ہوا ہے......"
    یہ ایک سادہ اور عالمگیر بائیبلی صداقت ہے۔
    یہ بائیبلی کلیہ ایک قبولِ عام روا یت کی جگہ مناسب ترین قبول ہے۔
    یعنی توبہ کے لیے دُعا کرنا =نئی پیدائش کا حصُول
    یہ بات بلکل سو فیصد یسوع کی ، خدا سے پیدا ہونے کے بارے میں تعلیم کے مطابق ہے۔جس کا حوالہ یوحنا 21-1:3ہے۔اور جس میں نئی پیدایش کا وسیلہ خود خُداوند مسیح ہے۔

۱ٓئیے ہم بھٹکی ہوئی بھیٹروں کی مانند نہ بنیں۔کیونکہ خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کی تعلیم کے سلسلے میں ہم میں سے بھی ہر کوئی اپنی راہ کو پھِرا ہے۔
    آگے کو ہم بچے نہ رہیں,جو سمندر کی اُس لہر کی مانند ہو جو ہوا سے بہتی اور اُچھلتی ہے۔یعنی ایسی تعلیم کے جھونکو ں سے جو گھڑی ہو ئی باتوں اور دنیاداری کے مکاری کے منصوبوں پر مبنی ہو اور جو فلسفو ں اور انسانی رواجوں اور گمراہ کُن چالاکیوں پر مبنی ہو اور جو یسوع کی تعلیم سے کوسوں دور ہو۔
    میں مشورہ دوں گا کہ خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کی تعلیم براہِ راست یسوع سے حاصل کریں۔
    "اے ربّی ہم جانتے ہیں کہ تُو خُدا کی طرف سے اُستاد ہو کر آیا ہے ۔۔۔۔" یوحنا 2:3
    یہ عقیدہ اس کے بدن یعنی کلیسیا کے لیے ایک مظبوط تر ین اصولی ڈھانچہ ہے۔

خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کی وہ اُصولی تعلیم جو یسوع نے دی اُس کی کون سی بات ہے جو مجھے متاثر کرتی ہے۔
    1۔خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کا مطلب ہماری جان ،بدن یا اُن کا یکجا ہونا نہیں ہے۔بلکہ ہماری وہ رُوح ہے جو خُدا سے پیدا ہوتی ہے۔
    نئی پیدا ہونے والی رُوح سے مُراد ہمارے اندر نئی روح کا بسنا ہے جو رو حانی جنم سے آتی ہے۔
    (یوحنا 6:3)
    "جو جسم سے پیدا ہوا ہے جسم ہے اور جو رُوح سے پیدا ہوا ہے، رُوح ہے"۔
    2 ۔نئی رُوح کی پیدایش اِنسان میں اِیمان کے وسیلے آتی ہے۔ اِیمان یہ ہے کہ یسوع ہی مسیح ہے۔لیکِن ایک سوال الجھاتا ہے کہ اِس نام کے معنی کیا ہیں۔ اور یہ بات اُس پر اِیمان لائے بغیر ظاہر نہیں ہوتی۔

آئیے اِس بھید کو اور بہتر طریقے سے سمجھیں۔
    ۱۔خُدا نے اپنا اِکلوتا بیٹا بخش دیا تاکہ اُس کے عظیم مقصد کی تکمیل ہو سکے ۔
    یسوع نام بہت عظیم معنی رکھنے والا نام ہے۔جسکا مطلب ہے۔۔۔مسیح دنیا کا نجات دہندہ ۔
    یسوع =دُنیا کا نجات دہندہ
    خُدا نے ساری دُنیا سے محبت رکھی۔
    یوحنا 14:3،15،16
    صلیب پر نسل اِنسانی کی نجات مکمل ہوئی۔
    2۔جو کوئی بھی اُس پر اِیمان لاتا ہے اور یسوع کو قبول کرتا ہے۔نجات پاتاہے۔
    یسوع = دنیا کا نجات دہندہ
    3۔وہ ایک شخص یسوع ہے جو اپنی روُح سے نئی روحانی پیدائش عطا کرتا ہے ۔ وہ نئی مخلوق خلق کرتا ہے یعنی نئی روُح۔
    یوحنا 18:3 ،یوحنا6:3 اور2کرنتھیوں5باب ۔

کون ہے جس کو اِس کی ضرورت نہیں۔
    وہ جِس کو یسوع کو ضرورت نہیں اور جو نُور کے پاس نہیں آتا اور جو خودکو سو فیصد گناہ گار تسلیم نہیں کرتا۔
    ایسا شخص توبہ کرنے والا نہیں بن سکتا۔
    اور جو اُس پر اِیمان نہیں لاتا اس پر سزا کا حُکم ہے۔
    نُورآیا کہ ہر ایک کو روشن کرے۔(یوحنا20-19:3 )
    یہاں پر یوحنا کی انجیل کے پہلے باب کا ذکر کرنا بھی ضروری ہے۔

یہ کِس کے لیے ضروری ہے۔
    توبہ کرنے والے کیلئے۔یعنی اُن کے لیے جو اپنے آپ کو سو فیصد گناہ گار مانیں اور اپنے گناہوں پر پریشان ہونے اور توبہ کرنے والے ۔اورجو نُور کے پاس آئیں اور اُس سے دوُر نہ بھا گیں۔یعنی ایسے لوگ جن کو یسوع کی ضرورت ہو۔(یوحنا 21:3 )
    "مگر جو سچائی ہر عمل کرتا ہے ۔وہ نُور کے پاس آتا ہے تاکہ اُس کے کام ظاہرہوں کہ وہ خُدا میں کیے گئے ہیں"۔
    اِس امر میں خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کی تعلیم کو یسوع اور رسولوں کی بنیاد پر مزید تقویت ملتی ہے۔
    1۔ خُدا سے پیدا ہونے کا مرکزی مکاشفہ ایک کھُلی سچائی ہے کہ وہ ہماراباپ ہے۔
    1یوحنا پہلا باب ، رومیوں 8باب ، 1 یوحنا دوسرا باب ، تیسرا باب۔
    2 ۔ یہ حقیقت ظاہر ہوتی ہے کہ خُداوند یسوع مسیح دنیا میں آنے والے ہر شخص کے دل پر دستک دیتا ہے اور انتظار کرتا ہے کہ اُسے اندر آنے دیا جائے۔اب ہر ایک پر منحصر ہے کہ اُسے قبول کرے یا رد کرے۔
    یوحنا: پہلا باب ؛ مکاشفہ 20:3
    وہ جو اپنے دل کا دروازاہ کھولتا ہے۔ وہ اُس کے دل میں داخل ہوتاہے۔ دل میں داخل ہونے پر وہ اپنی رُوح میں سے نئی رُوح کو جنم دیتا ہے۔
    (یوحنا 3 باب 6,5 ) ، یوحنا پہلا باب ، رومیوں 8باب۔
    3 ۔ یہ حقیقت بھی عیاں ہے کہ ہم اس کے جی اُٹھنے کے وسیلے سے بچائے گئے ہیں۔
    (افسیوں 2باب)
    سوال یہ ہے کہ ہم اُسے اپنے اندر آنے کے لیے قبول کیسے کرتے ہیں ۔
    ایمان کے وسیلے اُس کے نام سے (یوحنا 18:3 ، 1 یوحنا 1:5)
    اس ایمان کی رو سے ہم اپنے دل کا دروازہ اُس کے لیے کھولتے ہیں اور وہ اندر داخل ہو کر خدا سے پیدا ہونے کا فضل عطا کرتا ہے۔
    اُس کے نام میں کیا بات پوشیدہ
    یسوع = دنیا کا بچانے والا
    یوحنا ; 17-16:3 یوحنا 25:4 ؛ یوحنا 42:4 ؛ یوحنا 29:1 ؛ 2 کرنتھیوں 19:5
    اب کلیساء کے کرنے کا فوری کام یہ ہے کہ وہ جو قائم دائم ستون اور سچائی ہے اُس کی توثیق اور تصدیق کرے۔ اس کے لیے اس کا تجربہ کرے اور پھر لوگوں کو یسوع کے نام کے قیمتی معنی سے آگاہ کرے۔
    اس کے نام کے وسیلے یہ سچائی ظاہر ہوتی ہے کہ وہ دنیا کا بچانے ولا ہے اورحقیقتاً وہ ہر اُس جان کا بچانے والا ہے جس کے نتھنوں میں زندگی کا دم ہے۔ کیا یہ حقیقت موت کے بعد خدا کے ساتھ ابدی زندگی حاصل کرنے کے لیے کافی ہے ؟
    موت اور خُدا کے ساتھ زندگی گزارنے کے لیے ہر ایک ذی نفس کے لیے ضروری ہے کہ وہ خُدا کا فرزند ہو جس نے نئی پیدائش پائی ہو۔
    بچہ = نئے سرے سے پیدا ہونے والا
    طریقہ یہ ہے ہر ذی نفس جس کے نتھنوں میں زندگی کا دم ہے اس بات کا اقرار کرے کہ وہ گناہ سے مبرّا نہیں ۔
    وہ گناہ گار ہے خواہ اُس سے کوئی بھی گناہ جو ماضی میں ہوا ہے، حال میں ہوا یا آنے والے وقت میں ہوگا۔ تو بلا شُبہ آپ یقین رکھیں کہ آپ بھی بچائے گئے ہیں اور نجات یافتہ ہیں۔اس ایمان کے وسیلے آپ اپنا دل کھولیں اور یسوع کو اندر آنے دیں۔وہ آپ کے دل میں داخل ہوکر آپ کوخُدا سے پیدا ہونے کا فضل عطاکرے گا ۔اور آپ کو خُدا کا فرزند بننے کا حق دے گا۔
    کچھ عرصہ پہلے میں نے کبھی نجات دہندہ یسوع کے کامل نام پر غور نہیں کیا تھا۔ایک فیس بُک گروپ میں شمولیت کے بعد اس کے نام کا ایک اور اہم پہلو مجھ پر عیاں ہوا۔
    جوشوا یعنی یسوع یعنی رُوحوں کا بچانے والا یعنی اُن کے گناہوں سے مخلصی دینے والا۔
    گناہ رُوحوں کو زخمی کردیتا ہے۔

اب میں بہتر طور پر سمجھ سکتا ہوں کہ خُدا کی طرف سے پیدائش کا کُلیہ کا کیا ہے۔جو کوئی بھی یہ ایمان رکھتا
    ہے کہ جوشوا (گناہ سے مخلصی دینے والا) یسوع ہے (گناہ کی مزدوری سے دُنیا کو چھڑانے اور بچانے والا ) خُدا سے پیدا ہوا!!!
    اُسکا نام ہر نام سے زیادہ سر بُلند اور عظمت والا ہے ۔ پس نجات کے دو پہلو ہمارے سامنے عیاں ہوتے ہیں ۔
    1۔رُوحوں کی نجات فقط ایک قربانی ہمارے اِیمان کے وسیلے ہمارے رُوحانی جنم دِن پر۔
    2۔ہماری رُوح ہماری جسمانی موت تک یسوع کے نجات بخش کام یعنی گناہوں سے نجات اور مخلصی دینے کے لیے قائم رہتی ہے۔تاکہ مخلوقات فنا کے قبضے سے چھوٹ کر خُدا کے فرزندوں کے جلال کی آزادی میں داخل ہو۔
    کیونکہ ساری مخلو قات مل کر اب تک کراہتی ہے اور بدن کی مخلصی یعنی نجات کے لیے۔ (رومیوں21-19:8)
    اور آنسوؤں کے ساتھ کا نپتے ہوئے اپنی رُوحوں کی گناہوں سے مخلصی خُدا وند یسوع مسیح کی مدد اور وسیلے سے کرتے ہیں۔(فلپیوں13-12:2)
    جب گناہوں کے باعث ہماری رُوح زخمی ہو جاتی ہے تو ہم بچانے والے نجات دہندہ کی طرف لپکتے ہیں کہ وہ ہمیں اِس صدمے کی حالت سے نجات دے۔

13. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New baptized people in Pakistan got blessed by this booklet a lot...
    Also many Catholics there decided to quit catholic Bible and switch to Urdu Bible instea after they got familiar with my booklet

15. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Errors arise from taking one verse and not using the entire revealed word of God. It's called "Hermaneutics", that is did Jesus call Peter "Satan"? Yes, Christ doesn't lie, therefore Peter is Satan. That's the called of "Theology" so prevalent on this board, and the reason Systematic Theology is so important. Cults always pull out a few "Pillar Versus" and build their cult on it, so it's very dangerous to just pick one phrase, combine it with another and call it good.

The call goes out to all, referred to as a general call, however only the elect will respond John 6, Romans 9, Eph 1. We are regenerated first, believe second. The Apostolic command was not an invitation to Jesus, you'll never see that, but rather "Repent and Believe", this command goes out to all, the elect respond in Faith, are adopted into the family of God, are positionally changed from enemies to sons, Christ is our advocate, that is our High Priest on our behalf, and we are perfected once for all time by one offering.

16. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see it a little wider compare to Calvinists view of advocacy work of Christ. There are many, several of verses to support my view. One of them is here, from 1 John2:
    "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world."

17. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After that sentence I should have been inserting more text, so it would be looking like this:
    By entering, He commits the birth of the spirit by His Spirit (John 3: 5,6, John 1, Rom. 8.)

Need to mention more about John3:5: “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.” Water here means Word of God. “For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.” (1Peter1:23). Jesus associates Himself with Word of God and source of water:

“On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John7:37,38.

“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:63.

“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice, he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God”. Rev.19:11.

Also, you can just work with references for verification by yourself: John 4:10-24; 1Cor10:4; Isaiah 55:10,11;

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vladimir "repent" means to change one's mind.

So it is the same as saying believe on Jesus Christ.

In other words change your mind about Jesus Christ and believe in Him and you will be born from above, your sins will be forgiven and you will have eternal life.

HankD