1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bottom Line on Judging Zimmerman's Actions...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Jul 12, 2013.

?
  1. Zimmerman has NO responsibility whatsoever and therefore should receive NO punishment whatsoever.

50.0%
  2. Zimmerman has SOME responsibility and therefore should receive at least SOME punishment.

20.0%
  3. We don’t know enough to believe Zimmerman is responsible at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. We know enough to conclude that there is at least some responsibility on Zimmerman’s part.

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

See, this is one of the facts that I had not heard. All the talk I've heard has said marijuana. So, if it indeed was cocaine, then yes, he would have been way more aggressive. But what I said about being detectable still stands. If it was detected, then either he had used it recently, or was a habitual user.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As someone who deals with chemistry, I can tell you with confidence that THC will stay in your system detectable for 30 days no matter what the frequency of use. Some test are not as good as others. But if you've used it within 30 days, it's detectable.

It is for that same reason that you can find it by examining the hair. There are always

You're looking at THIS conversation. I'm looking at a series of conversations where the young man was referred to repeatedly as a thug. It's a seemingly inherent prejudice whether or not you or anyone else on this board wants to acknowledge it. I said Black because he was Black.

Our opinions are generally for us and do not carry much weight when dealing with the facts presented.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What report are you seeing that says cocaine?

Where? Correct me if I'm wrong. But every copy of a report that I've seen says THC. There's no mention of cocaine or its derivatives.

What tox screen? The toxicology report submitted from the labs as requested by the autopsy only show THC.

No mischaracterization. He went looking for Trayvon and subsequently murdered him.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

As someone who used to drug test people monthly, I've seen people admit to smoking Marijuana on a Thursday, get tested on Monday, and not get caught. But, this discussion is moot if what someone else said about it being cocaine instead of marijuana anyway.

And you're accusing people in THIS conversation of painting him as the stereotypical black thug. You have specifically pointed a finger at people on this board.
    No. You are using reverse racism, whether you want to admit it or not. If he was a white person, you'd have no problem calling him a thug because of his confrontation and drug usage. But since people are calling him a thug and he is black, you are defending him.

That has no place here. Everything you've stated so far is your opinion based upon what you know. The fact that I have accepted that of myself does not mean my opinion is any less valid than yours.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's because it's not a fact. This again is just perpetuating the scary, black man on drugs myth thats often thrown around by non-Blacks.

There is no toxicology report showing any cocaine that I have seen. And if TND has seen one, I wish he would point me to it.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And as I said, it depends on the test used.

Yep, sure am and it's the truth as you STILL see the term "thug" being bandied around.

I've continued to point the finger at folks on this board over their obvious prejudice. And as I've said, it doesn't have to be acknowledged. But it's still there.

I'm talking about PREJUDICE. I haven't said anything about racism. That seems to be the your line of thought.

Thanks for telling me what I'd probably do. Now let me answer for myself. I'm in the habit of referring to individuals by their names. I deal with drug dealers, drug users, homosexuals, molestors who are black, white, brown, yellow every day, and they are ALL called by their name and not by some modern day prejorative that people have taken to tossing around because they don't want to call the young man a "Ni#ger".

I'm not defending him anymore than the mass brain meld of this board always takes one position and goes off on anyone who doesn't line up with that position.

I didn't say your opinion was less valid.

#66 Zaac, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only actual reports I have seen is that there was pot in his system. I have seen nothing about any other drug. Of course pot is quite enough. Anyone who uses pot has displayed they are not afraid to break the law and have a complete disregard for the law when it suits their purposes.

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line is that we will never know all that went on that night. Trials aren't meant to get to the truth, they are meant to get to a verdict one way or another. One man lost his life. Another man is marked for life to be villified or praised, depending on the person's political leaning.

Sad no matter what.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Besides the obvious media salivation and race baiting that's been going on 24/7 what makes this trial any more or less important than any other? People are on trial for killing another everyday so what makes this one so special to warrant all the attention?

#69 poncho, Jul 13, 2013
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Said the same thing about Casey Anthony, and OJ, and Scott Peterson, the Menendez brothers and others.

Who knows why some cases become so popular and others don't?

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh we know why. Trayvon was black and the President wanted to make hay out of it after the Black Panthers accused him of stifling the civil rights movement.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah that and a good old fashion race war will serve up a nice distraction from all of Obama's scandals and our being looted by his corporate cronies on Wall Street.

Not only that but an acquittal and subsequent race riots would give Obama the perfect opportunity to put the militarized police state on full display to chill any opposition against his unconstitutional, immoral policies and the Stasi police state that he's been working so hard to create. Everything would come up roses for Obama and the police state.

#72 poncho, Jul 13, 2013
  13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, it wasn't Trayvon's neighborhood. I think it was a gated community and neither he nor his father nor any other member of his family had property there. It would have been private property and they had a neighborhood watch because of high crime.

The fact that drugs stay in your system so long shows that they affect you. Alcohol clears your system in five days so you can be detoxed from Alcohol in five days. During that time you are considered as not thinking clearly. We should not condone drug usage. It is against Tryvon legally that he had it in his system and many employers would not have hired him.

We know that George Zimmerman did not have drugs in his system. We know that he had two black eyes, a fractured nose, a sore back and two lacerations on the back of his head from having his head slammed onto the concrete sidewalk, which proved to be harder than his head.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

I apologize. I remembered reports from acquaintences of Martin that he used cocaine, but you're right, it was THC in his tox screen ... which, by the way, it what the medical examiner's office calls all postmortem drug tests.

That's your personal opinion, and it isn't even based on facts in evidence, but an error-filled leap to a conclusion.

#74 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 13, 2013
  15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You and Zaac have numbers 1 and 2 claimed, eh?:laugh:

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line on judging Zimmerman's actions:

None of us were there. None of us were present at the trial. None of us have access to all the evidence and testimony presented.

So the bottom line is, six women are going to determine whether he's guilty or not, and we're going to have to abide by their decision. Doesn't matter what any of us think or feel.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If found guilty, you know there will be an appeal

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not guilty.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Only reasonable conclusion they could come to, given the evidence. Do wish, however, that they had held the verdict until in the morning. Hopefully it will be a peaceful night.

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

The four of you who claimed "we know enough to assign some responsibility to Zimmerman"? How do you feel tonight, knowing the jury of six women, four minorities, don't agree with you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.