1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boudreaux Goes To Confession

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by ehbowen, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old Boudreaux was feeling guilty, so he went to confession.

"What have you done, my son?" the priest asked.

"Well, I took a leetle lumber from the construction site down the road," Boudreaux answered.

"Well, stealing is a sin, but men do not despise a thief who steals when he is starving. What did you do with the lumber?" the priest asked.

Boudreaux said, "Well, my ol' front porch had a hole in it, and I's afraid someone might steps in it an' breaks der leg, so I takes some of de lumber and mends de hole."

The priest thinks to himself, You know, that's not so bad. "And that's all?" he replied.

"Well, I had a leetle lumber left," says Boudreaux. "An' my old dog Fideaux, he ain'ta gotta no place to get out of de rain. So I takes some of de lumber and builds him a nice, new doghouse."

Still...I can see that, the priest muses. "And so is that all?" he asks.

"Well, I had a leetle lumber left. And my old truck, she ain't got no place to get out of de rain either. So I takes and builds her a two car garage."

This is getting out of hand, thinks the priest. "Now, is that the end of the story?"

"Well, I had a leetle lumber left. An' my wife Marie is saying as to how de house is so small and we gots no room for guests. So I takes and builds her a new kitchen and add on two bedrooms and a nice new bath."

"ENOUGH!" the priest roars. "Boudreaux, for your penance you're going to have to make a Novena." He pauses, then adds, "You do know how to make a Novena, don't you?"

"No, Father," Boudreaux says, crestfallen. "I don' know how to make a Novena." But then suddenly he brightens up and looks at the priest. "But, if you gots de plans...I gots de lumber!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.