1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

boxing and the lord

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by baptist boyd, Jul 12, 2008.

1. baptist boyd

baptist boyd New Member

i have boxed amateur 2004-2008 ,i became a christian just before i started and my coach is a very strong spokesman and believer in the lord.many young men have found the lord thru him and his gym.its a small gym but there isnt a boy who walks thru his doors without hearing about how the lord can work in there lives,i often wonder what the lord thinks of this-i box for sport and to learn self defense-never in anger-always praying before and giving thanks for my and my opp. health afterwords i am new and this may be the wrong spot or innapropriete -sorry if it is. my min. knows i box and has never said anything was wrong with it ---your thoughts please

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board. I think you can box and also be a good Christian; also it sounds as if your coach has a good ministry going on. In saying your minister has never said anything was wrong with it it sounds as if you are unsure if he regards it otherwise? If that was the case I would ask him. BTW, there is a guy here named John of Japan who is involved in a karate mission outreach and I'm sure would support your decision to box.