1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Dec 4, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw that. I'm not saying that saying a teacher is "fine" or "cute" (no matter the voice inflection used) is sexual harassment. My point is that there is more to this story. It seems that the child has a history of using vulgar language and derogatory terms. This child isn't the angel his mother would have us believe.

I have a 9 year old. He doesn't use foul language. He doesn't use derogatory terms for his classmates. My 9 year old wouldn't ever say that someone (adult or kid) is "fine" and certainly wouldn't use a suggestive tone.

Chiquita's son Emanyea is a thug in the making.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

So anyway just as some thought there was no sexual harassment and the school is apologizing as they should for their overreaction.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are very miss-informed. Prayer, and bible reading is not denied in the public schools. Yes the rest is godless,

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Misinformed?
    http://www.squidoo.com/banning-prayer-public-school-decline-morality-america

HankD

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The substitute herself admitted that he did not say this directly to the teacher but she overheard him talking to a friend.

Sexual harassment has to be directed to the individual him/herself. There must be a warning to stop, then if it persists it can be investigated.

But this is nore than just that.

In the light of the fact that children of his age are routinely taught about the virtues of "alternative" life styles in books promoting perversion such as Heather Has Two Mommies, Daddy's roomate, and Gloria Goes to Gaypride, clearly showing where they are really coming from.

Later these children are taught the use of birth-control devices and "safety" under the cloak of sex education, the girls are informed that they have a right to an abortion without parental consent.

In 1962-63 the Supreme Court banned prayer and bible reading in public schools.

In 1973 the Supreme Court made infanticide legal.

Two states have endorsed euthanasia: Washington (Death with Dignity) and Oregon (Assisted Suicide).

The blame should more likely be assigned to those to whom we gave a public trust to educate our children rather than turning them into fornicators and worse.

HankD

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

There may be isolated cases of that happening, but I know of no evidence that it's routine. I went to public schools and I never was taught any of that.

I was in a sex education class in high school and we did learn about birth control for married couples, but abortion was never mentioned.

Not true. I was an officer for my high school's Christian club and we read the Bible and prayed at every meeting.

Abortion does not meet the technical definition of infanticide.

That is true.

My high school sex education teacher said fornication is bad.

7. matt wade

I have two children, one is his exact age and the other is close to his age. Neither of my children have been taught any of this in their public school. Nobody I know that has children in public schools have had their children taught these things.

As a parent you have the right (and I would say responsibility) to opt out of any sex education for your children.

False. Prayer and Bible Study can't be led by school officials. Kids can pray and have Bible Studies all they want. My 9 year old witnesses to friends at school ALL the time.

This has to do with this situation how?

The blame for this kid's problems should be laid on the shoulders of his parents, family, and social group. He may not be guilty of sexual harassment, but a 9 year old kid using vulgar language, saying that teachers are "fine" (while using a suggestive tone), and degrading other students is on the path to become part of the thug culture from which he was bred.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are exceptions, many are boderline illegal.
    There are many good teachers.
    It also depends on when and where you went to school and whether it was public or private.

Private prayer is allowed under certain circumstances.

If you have a legal background or interest here is an extensive set of text briefs tracking the secular humanist war on prayer and bible reading in public schools. Namely
    Madeline O'Hare.

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/Abingdon-School-District.html

Instead of infanticide how about child mass murder?

IMO the Supreme Court ban in 1962-63 led to a cheapening of the value and sacredness of human life resulting in Euthanasia adopted by at least two states. Probably more when the Administrations Eugenics Bill is put into practice.

HankD

#28 HankD, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  9. matt wade

How exactly does anyone restrict private prayer?

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It can't be unless there are visible expressions and/or ritual of prayer.

It can be however over time by "brainwashing".

Ban whatever prayer and bible reading possible in public schools.

Teach godless evolution.

Teach the "virue" of alternative lifestyles.

Promote books of expounding said alternative life styles...

HankD

11. matt wade

I'm not even sure what we are arguing about any more...

12. FR7 Baptist

We had public prayer and Bible quotations at my public high school graduation. Furthermore, abortion does not kill a child and it is not murder.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe what you will.

HankD

14. FR7 Baptist

I will do that and I will continue to support the pro-life movement.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good.

HankD

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can anybody interpret this for me?? :confused: :eek:

17. FR7 Baptist

The terms infanticide, murder, and child mean things. Abortion is not one of them. At the same time, abortion, except to save the life of the mother, is a sin. I believe there is a compelling governmental interest in protecting unborn life and elective abortion should be outlawed.