1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Boy Scout leaders remove ban on 'gays'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evil is never satisfied. It is a fire that burns until all that is good is consumed in it's path.

The "gay boy scouts" that are being celebrated today for their courage will grow up, marry in states that allow it, adopt children in states that allow it, then demand to be allowed to be scoutmasters to teach their children scouting. The BSOA will then take the next step toward total surrender of biblical values, as many others have already done, and fully embrace homosexuality as legitimate/natural relationships.

Come Lord Jesus

2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Absolutely!

I've talked a little about this in other posts and I'll mention it here as well. Christians (as a group) are not as politically active as we ought to be. While some individuals are , on the whole I think we could be far more influential than we are.

Most of us probably pray for our nation. At least we should. But God helps those that help themselves. We as the body of Christ could do more.

I go to a small rural church and there are probably oh...25 people in my Sunday School class. I daresay only ...1% has ever written our Senators, or petitioned the President. Probably never reached out and let our opinion be known to groups like American Decency.org, or the American Family Association, or the Traditional Values Coalition...groups like that. Most of us have likely never sent letters expressing our views to the Boy Scouts. Or to the networks.

I myself, feel like I could have done more and let the boy scouts know my feelings. But I didn't. Apathy is hurting this country. Its allowing the small but powerful voice of the gay agenda to be pushed on to us more and more. That voice is affecting the politics of this country. Its getting into our schools. Its in the tv media now.

Christian Conservatives used to be a powerful movement in this country. I don't know that we are anymore. :tear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.