1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boy Scouts Propose to Lift Gay Ban for Youth

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Searching for compromise on a divisive issue, the Boy Scouts of America is proposing to partially lift its long-standing exclusion of gays — allowing them as youth members but continuing to bar them as adult leaders.

The proposal, unveiled Friday after weeks of private leadership deliberations, will be submitted to the roughly 1,400 voting members of the BSA's National Council during the week of May 20 at a meeting in Texas.

The key part of the resolution says no youth may be denied membership in the Scouts "on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone." A ban would continue on leadership roles for adults who are openly gay or lesbian.

Gay-rights groups, which had demanded a complete lifting of the ban, criticized the proposal as inadequate.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/boy-scouts-proposing-lift-gay-ban-youth-18997806#.UXG-o8qyJZh

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can one say "S L I P P E R Y S L O P E" ???

BSA going the way of the world; shame, shame, shame!!!

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Let's all hope that the Boy Scouts do not cave in to the pressure by gays to allow them to pervert the BSA.

---from a former Boy Scout

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

It's coming. (sigh)

The last round of this was just postponed. Reminds me of frogs in a pot. Turn up the heat a bit and hold there a while till many/most gets a little more "comfortable" with the idea. Then, bump the dial. Wouldn't surprise me at any time for that knob to finally be set on HIGH.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frog story is nice but....

I prefer the Anti-smoker philosophy
    Back in the '60 - all they wanted was a little statement on the package "Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health" (1966–1970)
    Over the years stricter messages were posted.
    Now, a man is not even allowed to smoke in his own office (at least in NY)
    Now, compare this with the Pro-life movement. "No abortion, no exceptions"
    which group has made more progress?

Salty

PS - I am a non-smoker and I am 100% pro-life:thumbsup:

When it comes to the Boy Scouts - It may be time to get involved with your local district and ensure that high standards are maintained.