1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boy Scouts USA files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Humpty Dumpty, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reckon so.

Oh well... the truth hurts.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, at least NOW you are officially a deplorable!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahh yes, now I am one with my brethren!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You had the smelly part down, bit now have the rest!

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you say that?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he posted the ole woman good for cooking and cleaning, while men do the actual working!

7. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because I’m coming off inundated with an abundance of toxic masculinity... Everything militant feminist love to hate. If being a proud man is toxic, that will be a burden I shall bare.

I suppose that would be a good patch to add on my No Ma’am Tee shirt.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My youngest Son just graduated marine boot camp, so think he and them hold to men being men, despite what PC says!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless your Son!

They’re actively trying to neuter our boys overseas too. Let our men fight the wars and our keep politicians rules off the battlefield.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Generals fight and win wars, not political leaders, see WW II!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In another thread, Scarlett O., you said you don't give a "f***" about organizations that ban other races from participating. So, why are you playing the equal opportunity card here? Why do you object to an organization that doesn't serve both boys and girls? Oh, because it doesn't serve females? I'm sure you have not the least objection to female-only groups.

If girls want to camp, there are organizations that serve that interest. If the Girl Scouts don't camp more, maybe that's because their members aren't as interested in camping? It's interesting that you carefully avoided the word "camping", which is the main activity of the Boy Scouts: "the same fun and bettering activities" (sic).

Boys can't have the scouting same experience in a group that is open to girls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed

As a Father to both a boy and a girl, I don’t mind them involved in some of the same activities. But I also understand boys and girls are different. Boys need to be around other boys, doing boys activities. Same with girls, they need to be with other girls doing girly stuff. Sure they can mingle and have a good time but not all of the time.

But when it comes to Trail Life, there’s no place for girls, unless they were to bake some cookies or fix a supper for a fundraiser that benefits both the troops. Same with AHG, no place for boys, besides when they need a float built for a parade the boys will build it for them. The girls then decorate it.

Boys and girls are different, not sure how humans intelligence level has dropped to the point where they think boys and girls can be either or...

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this is one of the devil's most successful strategies to dissolve a society!!
    Ever notice ads on TV??? In virtually EVERY case a male is just a fixture, IE no capability of solving ANY problem, but the female is always condescendingly coming to the rescue!?
    IOW, the male is ALWAYS there only for filling in a blank space, or adding a touch of comedy with his ineptness.
    Also, kids are always smarter than parents, and more adept at getting a problem solved.
    Ole slewfoot knows that the destruction of the family will destroy a nation, & he is achieving his goal pretty well in the USA right now.
    Bad part is, as a nation we are just going along with his agenda, and in some instances actually advancing it through this "HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE" argument about whether males & females are "different" OR NOT!!!!!!
    (I would note the suit in Connecticut re: boys claiming to be girls on the track team!!)
    MAARANATHA!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son in the marines would argue that from history, Spartans and Romans come to mind, the best approach to gender issues was to recognize distinct differences , as soldiers out in the trenches are best all men....

• Like Like x 1