1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Brief Analysis of Romans 9:11.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Feb 23, 2021.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many babies do you know about who speaks lies? These verses are not literal

2. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God the Father knows whom would have sought Him from those that would not since He is the One that reveals the Son to even babes & since He knew us before we were even conceived in the womb, then I believe any that die in the womb, He would have saved them since He knew them that wanted to be saved & live with God forever.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. KJV

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. KJV

Psalm 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! KJV

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

God knows. It is written. We are all born into sin & therefore we are tempted even from the womb. Can a baby lie about what he or she needs, leaving the parent befuddled about what the baby wants, assuming a certain antic always meant wanting to eat or another antic to have their diaper changed or etc?? If they could speak, would they say " I lied. I just wanted to be held by you."

4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? A 2 month old baby lies?

5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Feel free to rightly divide the word of truth below because you are coming across as saying "Did God really say that?"

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies. KJV

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    these are figures of speech, otherwise known as hyperbole! It is like saying to a child, you are always naughty, or that you always tell lies. It is no understood in the literal sense, that they are so 24x7x365.

7. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is figure of speech, like "I am rotten to the core", which is not literal. again I ask, how is it possible for a baby of a few hours or days, to "speak lies", when the cannot speak at alll, or understand anything? it is absurd.

8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see this as confirming that as scripture.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. KJV

Hence there is no age of accountability in the eyes of the Lord. No exceptions given even unto babes.

That means parents should share the gospel to the babies since it is on the Father to reveal His Son to them so they can believe & be saved without ever saying so but just by believing. Talk about a captive audience. They should even sing Amazing Grace & other songs about the Good News in Christ Jesus like How Great Thou Art. Yes.. even when they are tots to toddlers to adolescent & to teenagers.

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    my gosh! you guys are beyond a joke! LOOK at what this verse says, UNDERSTANDS and SEEKING God, HOW many infants can DO this? Can a 2 day old baby do either? All you are doing is trying to force the Bible to fit your theology!

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you share the Gospel with a family that has a new born baby. And you tell the parents that they are sinners and hell bound. Will you tell them that if their baby were to die that day it will be going to hell?

11. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No man nor baby nor unborn infant can come to the Son unless the Father draws him per John 6:44

The Father can reveal His Son to even babes & so I believe He can do for the unborn too per Matthew 11:25-27

Some people testify that they can remember being in their Mother's womb. I can testify that I remember being held as a baby by my aunt who claimed to be my other mother. I remember being confused by what she said & I wanted my mother I was familiar with. The other aunt standing by that aunt holding me even commented that I was confused.

So I can testify that babies know more & understand than you think, but can I prove that to you? No. The Bible can, but again, only the Lord can help you see the truth in His words for why it is written in the manner that it is written in the first place.