1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brit Hume: ‘The laws of political gravity apply to Barack Obama after all’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Fox News Channel’s “Special Report” on Tuesday night, network senior political analyst Brit Hume said that the goodwill President Barack Obama enjoyed after the 2012 election is fading, largely because of the implementation of his signature health-care reform law.

“The usual pattern with the new government-benefit program is [that] once people by the millions begin to use it, it is set in political concrete, [and becomes] far harder to undo than it was to pass,” Hume said. “But Obamacare may be different. Instead of coming together, the program seems to be coming apart.”

Hume went on to specifically describe some of the failures he sees in the sprawling program’s implementation.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/02/b...o-barack-obama-after-all-video/#ixzz2PMjTe1eH

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hume touched on the question of North Korea, and it seems to me that China and North Korea are testing Obama's use of military power. I think that Obama is unpopular domestically for the high unemployment and high energy prices, as well as the extremely weak dollar. When the AP of all news services started carrying stories about the high cost of Obamacare, I thought that the Democrats were signaling a willingness to delay implementation, or perhaps something more drastic such as repeal of huge sections.