1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brothel owner for Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Scribe, Dec 11, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    However, all of us are just one action away from being like the brothel owner or Larry Flynt.

1 Cor. 10:12 (KJV)
    Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not sure I understand this stat. Source? Or how do you mean it?

Not meant to be argumentative...this just isn't clear to me.

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

We are not all workers of iniquity, or everyone is going to hell.

Psalms 92:7 (KJV)
    When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

Psalms 64:1-2 (KJV)
    1: Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
    2: Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

Luke 13:27 (KJV)
    But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

4. standingfirminChrist

rbell, I read it in a Southern Baptist magazine some time back

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God saves us in spite of how we act, not because of how we act. :godisgood:

6. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I know God can save someone if they truly repent. But, that's not what this is about and way off from what we were talking about.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a lot more relevant than the news story at the start of this thread.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Nothing wrong with the original post. It might be better to pass posts you can't handle.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can handle the post just fine. You evidently can't handle those of us who are consistent proponents of liberty and believe that government should stay out of the actions behind closed doors of consenting adults.

If you want to live in a theocracy there is one in Iran that you might be interested in.

10. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Consenting adults. Trying to justify sin? It doesn't matter if they are consenting or not. It's still sin.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is still sin. Everything that is a sin is not criminalized by government. I doubt that even you would want that to happen. Or, on the other hand, maybe you do and you would fit in well in Iran.

12. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Well, I wouldn't mind fornication and adultery being criminalized. Since they are in the scriptures.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thankfully, folks like you are far away from the levers of power in our constitutional republic and will remain so for the forseeable future.

Have a nice life, Scribe. :)

#33 KenH, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  14. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

There's already a law about not suing fast food restaurants. So, I doubt that would happen.
    This government only cares about big business and making money. Just like planned parenthood would be against making a law to criminalize fornication and adultery. They make money from fornicators, who have abortions, use condoms, and so on. That's why the schools tell children condoms are fine even though no birth control is 100%.

15. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

The Scribe, if we made every sinful behavior illegal all of us would go to jail. Which begs the question, who would do the arresting?

16. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

The government and states don't even enforce the laws they have so it doesn't matter. Because they don't care.

But, I'd have no problem with fornication and adultery being criminalized. The government criminalized polygamy because it suits them. People still live together and that's fine? Also, sometimes a married couple lives together and they have a extra "partner."

I'm not saying that polygamy should be legal, but fair is fair.

17. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Well, at least Bush is for abstinence. Unfortunately it doesn't work, but neither does regular sex-ed.

I'm more concerned with other things than to get into politics. I might start a petition, that's about it. Who knows I'm not too old yet. I could possibly become a preacher. I've thought about it.

#37 The Scribe, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  18. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Prior to reading this, I thought we disagreed on public policy. Evidently, you're much too cynical to take a position. Not that that's a bad thing.

19. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's not that I'm cynical. It's that the world's government is corrupt and not of God. They act like they are pro-Christianity with "In God We Trust", and so on, but they are so far form the scriptures that it's evident they are not Christians and they don't care.

#39 The Scribe, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  20. standingfirminChrist

here is one quote on AIDS in Africa...
    [2000] began with 24 million Africans infected with the virus. In the absence of a medical miracle, nearly all will die before 2010. Each day, 6,000 Africans die from AIDS. Each day, an additional 11,000 are infected.
    — Lester R. Brown, HIV Epidemic Restructuring Africa’s Population, World Watch Issue Alert, 31 October 2000