1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bullying

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by preacher4truth, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The statement, if carried out to its conclusion, would mean that if there are still bullies, it is the victims (your word) fault. Is that what you mean?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is strange logic. It is up to every individual to stand up to them and not allow the bully to control their emotions or actions. I taught my kids to take up for themselves, and sometimes it means getting in trouble in today's world. When my son was riding a bus to school one day, another kid kept thumping his ears. After a few times, he turned around and knocked the fire out of him. Yes, he got in trouble from the school, but the bullying stopped. I did not punish him because he did nothing wrong.

The modern theory of taking care of these kind of bullies is to have the idiots running the schools determine the solution. The true solution is to have enough respect for oneself to take care of the problem yourself.

It is the same pattern as everyone depending on the government, school authorities and other groups in charge to solve your problem. Solve it yourself.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

We teach/taught our kids to stand up for themselves and one another. Our eldest son was on a school bus at one point, probably about 8 years old (just moved out of state, new school). Some mouthy kid started in on our daughter who was on the same bus and demanded she kiss him, so as he stuck out his neck my son stuck out his fist faster and harder and made contact just above the hole where all the noise was coming out. That ended it right there.

We like to use 'the Barney Fife' method around here.

By the way, he was so proud and so were the rest of us. :love2:

We also taught them that if they ever bullied anyone it would cost them.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What drove me up the wall while raising my kids, is that situations like this pitted two authority figures (parents vs school) on opposite ends and confused the kids. Do not get me wrong, I was not one that always took up for my kids antics at school. If they were wrong, they would get punished at home like school. However in this case, I took a different course.

I am very glad we basically think alike in this area, because many of the more liberal parents, those who want to be "friends" with their kids, disagreed with me. This is unrelated, but when I was growing up, if a kid started that crap on the bus, the bus driver would stop the bus, no matter if the bus was two or three miles from school or home, and put their butts off, and told them they could walk, rain or shine. This was in the 50s and 60s in Southern Mississippi. Today, in Kentucky, if a kids does that, the bus driver writes a report. It is sent to the principal, and the principal suspends bus privileges a day or two. Another example of no spine.

#44 saturneptune, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  5. preacher4truth

As far as schools being pitted against parents it is getting worse as you well know. Of course illegal alien in chief and his emasculated angry racist spouse say that the children need to teach the parents. Sounds about right when one realizes that ideology came straight from the pits of hell.

No one could do what that bus driver did these days. The parents would sue. The MSM, 'Oh, what a nasty person this bus driver is to make them responsible for their actions' and the pressure would be on for the driver to cave to PC pressure and apologize publicly.

You're correct, it is spineless and we've seen that this has even infiltrated believers and they are so blinded by it they preach it.

6. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

This sounds like something I would expect from Rush Limbaugh.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

Good. He speaks a lot of truth.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I deeply resent the comparison. While he speaks the truth at times, I detest the character, and you know nothing of mine.

9. preacher4truth

It sounds as if the Miami Dolphins coaching staff may have put Richie up to this whole thing in an effort to 'toughen up' the softy Martin.

Is our government using 'sensitive' issues (made sensitive by the MSM) to quell free speech? If so, will this politically correct ideology transpose over to the church as well, to hush up preaching against sin, and preaching the Gospel?

Will PC 'believers' turn on those who stand for truth against this influx of falsehood feel they are doing God a service when they persecute these for such a stand? (John 16:2 via application)

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Berean has been on the BB exactly as long as you have. He and the rest of us have a rather fair idea of your character from your posting history.

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Sorry. Not what I intended to do.

#51 thisnumbersdisconnected, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  12. preacher4truth

Political Correctness will prevail here and freedom of speech will go down yet another notch. I am not saying I agree with the language used, I just believe it is a persons right to say what they want. Anyone who has played team sports (not in a Christian school) knows full well what goes on in the locker room. In fact, that behavior is actually normal and expected, and it isn't necessarily divisive or intended as hate -- it is how they motivate one another, and talking this way to one another is just part of the culture.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

Exactly. Sorry about posting and then changing P4T. I intended to make that post as a new thread. So I did.

14. preacher4truth

Not a problem bro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.