1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Burning MP3's

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Kevin M, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

Hi all.

I've been using the latest version of Real Player (free edition) to burn MP3's to a cd-r. The Problem is when I play the cd-r back, Some songs are louder than
    others. Is there a way to adjust this in Real Player? Is there a free program that
    can do this?

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.
    I Have some form of Nero 10 that came with the computer.
    I also have Windows Media Player.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that it is not in the burning process as it just is setting down the data it finds as it finds it.

When you put the high low volume songs in a cd player are they also high and low volume? If so it is the cd's. If they are equal it would have to be in real player.

Two suggestions.

1. Try windows media player :)

2. snoop in help and see if there is a setting for "auto volume" or something similar. If not you need to hope someone smarter than I comes along :)

Be sure to post back your solution.

I've burned hundreds of cds and have not noticed any real problem. Cds can have higher or lower volume levels. If this is the case then if there isn't a volume level adjust in real player you might try adjusting the levels of your computer sound card.

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

I don't believe it is the burning process but the MP3's themselves; they vary in
    quality. I found the Audio Leveling feature in Windows Media Player but I heard
    it degrades the quality.

I found a free program called Audacity that may do the job, although you must
    download some type of add-on to export MP3's.

It sounds like lots of work. Someone Know an easier way?

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

5. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MattĀ“s solution is good as is Audacity and both are free. If you are purchasing the discs with the wav files you are legal to do this but only for yourself. Under any other circumswtance i discourage this sin as much as any other.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Member

Thanks Matt, that looks like what I was Looking for.

The MP3's in question came from cd's I converted to MP3's from various local
    artist I have collected over the years, thus the reason for the wildly various
    quality.