1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Administration Official: "I hate all Iranians."

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 30, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Bush should fire this woman. There is no place for language like this in our government.

I hate all Iranians, US aide tells MPs

By SIMON WALTERS - 29th September 2007

Britsh MPs visiting the Pentagon to discuss America's stance on Iran and Iraq were shocked to be told by one of President Bush's senior women officials: "I hate all Iranians."

And she also accused Britain of "dismantling" the Anglo-US-led coalition in Iraq by pulling troops out of Basra too soon.

The all-party group of MPs say Debra Cagan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Coalition Affairs to Defence Secretary Robert Gates, made the comments this month.

The six MPs were taken aback by the hardline approach of the Pentagon and in particular Ms Cagan, one of Mr Bush's foreign policy advisers.

She made it clear that although the US had no plans to attack Iran, it did not rule out doing so if the Iranians ignored warnings not to develop a nuclear bomb.

It was her tone when they met her on September 11 that shocked them most.

The MPs say that at one point she said: "In any case, I hate all Iranians."

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==If the account is true it is really, really sad and she certainly should be fired. I think one of the big problems in our country right now is leadership that makes decisions based on "feelings" and not "facts". It does not matter how we personally feel about any issue, what matters is the facts of the issue. If our leaders were more concerned about facts, we might not be in the mess we are in right now.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Got a link?

What do you think about the US Senators that continually attack the president, for purely political reasons?

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we fire them too?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If I had my way, every Democrat and Republican now in Washington DC would be given a one way ticket to the North Pole to start a new colony. Then we can dismantle the two existing parties and start over.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Actually, attacking someone for purely political reasons is the most honorable form of argument. Contrarily, "I hate all members of the Bush family just because because I do," would be an entirely different topic altogether.