1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BV Sales rankings/figures

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by EaglewingIS4031, Mar 30, 2005.

1. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

Hello again everybody, it's been a few months since I have posted any thing here. The BB was becoming an idol in my life and I needed to chill out on it for a while. But I have a qusetion to ask.

Are there any other sites that list or rank Bible versions by sales figures or popularity other than the CBA? The CBA only lists the top 10. It also includes spanish versions and paraphrases or extremely dynamic versions such as the Message, NLT, and NCV. Which IMO target a differnt market than the more "FE" versions like the NASB, HCSB, & ESV. The NASB and HCSB make the top ten cut. But I would like to know about more than just the top ten. Where does the ESV rank is it 11th, 12th, or 20th, and how about the NRSV, RSV, MKJV, TNIV, KJV21 and others.

The reason I ask is that crossway says on their website that ESV sales increased 114% last year!
    ESV Sales Increasing

But if they sold 0 in 2003 then that would meen that they only needed to sold 114 in 2004. So I would like to compare this sales growth percetage in relation to other competitive translations.

Thank-you
    EW