1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

C. S. Lewis On Stage

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by tyndale1946, May 27, 2019.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought may be you Christian brethren might be interested in this performance... Unfortunately we will not be able to go when it comes to our town in Sacramento, California as we will be out of town but it is making a National Tour and may be coming near you... Check out the link I enclosed if you are interested... The two shows are The Reluctant Convert and The Screwtape Letters... Just sorry we are going to miss it and may be catch it if it comes this way again... Just giving you a heads up so you won't, if this peaks your interest... Brother Glen:)

Using C.S. Lewis’ own words, award-winning actor Max McLean brings the brilliant Oxford Don to life, taking us on his extraordinary journey from hard-boiled atheist to the most reluctant convert in all England.

Fellowship for the Performing Arts

#1 tyndale1946, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so glad the Trinity Foundation has settled the question of Lewis' eternal fate. And thankfully it has confirmed that Lewis was a high-church Anglican, a fact that entirely escaped my attention for 45 years.

I would love to see one of the shows, but none is coming anywhere near here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I's sorry I'm going to miss it and sorry, its not coming anywhere near you that you can go... For those who want to question another mans Salvation... My suggestion is you let God deal with that as that is his business and not yours and you examine your own... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believing a saved man is lost does not cause a saved man to be lost. But believing a lost man is saved may eternally cause his eternal damnation (unless that man is already dead, as of which nothing can be done for him, except to warn the living). Does a saved man deny going to be present with the Lord? (2 Corinthians 5:8).

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO being saved does not depend on a rejection of the doctrine of purgatory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter