1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

C-SPAN goes big on impeachment hearings

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Nov 13, 2019.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “When you see clips of congressional hearings on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and other networks, you are, in effect, watching C-SPAN. That’s because the operation provides “pool” coverage of congressional hearings and other Capitol Hill goings-on to the networks; in return, it gets pool coverage of other official events from broadcasters — say, footage of President Trump taking questions from reporters after a North Korea summit.

A ho-hum congressional hearing usually features three cameras — one head-on camera for the chair; one for the witness; and another side camera for the committee members. There will be no standard operating procedure come Wednesday morning, however. According to Kelley, C-SPAN will have seven cameras around the hearing room — two cameras for the chair and other members; two cameras for either side; one witness camera; and two high and wide cameras for that panoramic look. The additional cameras, says Kelley, will enable C-SPAN to “better capture the interaction among everybody” in the room.

Workforce requirements also escalate, as C-SPAN will be using 12 employees to manage all the angles, as opposed to the four or five for an average hearing. And in anticipation of marathon sessions, Kelley is rotating two shifts into the job.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...peachment-hearings/?wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good, they will document the Democrat's foolishness from all angles.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find C-SPAN to be the best way of getting unfiltered, unbiased coverage of the proceedings in Washington DC. They set up cameras and show you what is happening. Unlike another news network, it truly is "we report, you decide,"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watch it here:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks but I would prefer going to the dentist.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fruit basket claimed by the Democrats to be from the "impeachment" tree, appeared to be actually from the "impairment" tree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voters, please don't forget how much of OUR $$ the Dems have blown attempting to overthrow Trump. First, it was the Russian thingie; now it's the Ukrainian thingie.

These people don't deserve to be re-elected. Come election time, I'm gonna do something I haven't done ever before: vote a straight GOP ticket! The most Dems I ever voted for was after the Clinton impeachment, as the GOP blew a good chunka OUR change trying to get ridda Slick Willie. I doubt that, if impeachment of Trump goes to the Senate, the vote will be anything close to "Guilty". Then, Sportzz Fanzz, I hope ya don't forget who launched that expensive effort !