1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cal. Baptist University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by wtrsju, Mar 1, 2005.

1. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

I am considering Cal Baptist. Don't know to much about it and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on it. God Bless.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Great place to go to school ...

while you are there check out Mag Ave (Magnolia Avenue Baptist Church) across the street.

Click here for the Church web page

Tell 'em Wayne sent you ...

3. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

Thanks. It is nice to know that there are good churches in the area. I am from the other coast and am considering a few schools out west. Azusa, Cal Baptist and Concordia, any help is appreciated.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

All three had beautiful campuses.

Concordia was Lutheran (if I remember correctly) and very small.

Azusa (APU) is fairly good sized - I used to visit the Indonesian Church down the street and around the corner ...

Cal-Baptist (CBU) - was my favorite campus overall. It was small, but supported a medium sized student population.

AND Riverside was pretty far inland, so you still had clean air days ... ;o) You won't understand untill you get there, the importance of clean air days ...

Concordia (Irvine ?) and APU (Azusa) are more centrally located ... and they are pretty much north and south of each other.

God Bless,

5. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

Yeah Concordia-Irvine is Lutheran, that is one of my concerns. It does seem to have good academics though. That was one worry of mine about Cal Baptist (academics), but I feel if that is where Christ wants me then the decision is a good one. Azusa seems like a good school with a lively campus. The other two I am considering somewhat are Fresno Pacific and Masters. I have heard great things about Masters. Thanks a bunch for your insights, they are very helpful.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

CBU had very good academics from what I heard.