1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calls to end daily prayer in the Irish parliament

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Jul 27, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

How appalling!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder why the "Tower of Bable" came to mind??

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is in part a backlash against the s*x abuse scandals in the Catholic Church. Understandable, perhaps, but still regrettable.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Possibly Matt, the same debate is going on with our local city council...it is more about the decline of Christianity and the West in my humble opinion.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I disagree with the contention of this thread so far. Since the inception of the Irish State she has been under the thumb of the Vatican. When I first arrived here all government functions were attended by church hierarchy.

This absolute devotion to Rome is a great part of what led to the abuses which carried on for decades. The depth of these horrors is unimaginable. The Vatican helped to bypass the legal system and allowed abusers to go untouched.

It is time for Ireland to finally break their bonds with the Vatican. If ending the practice of Roman prayers in the Oireachtas is part of that break, so be it.

This has nothing to do with individual Catholics. I live in Ireland. The vast majority of my friends are kind. good, decent, and wonderful people. My problem is with the Vatican.

Do Baptist really believe in the separation of Church and State or are they just nice sounding words?

#6 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011