1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism and Arminianism - Is Either Really Baptist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by MichelleSuper711, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You were there? Gosh!

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thank you for alway remembering me when it comes to Scripture. You sure overlook what works Paul was talking about in Eph:.

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Calvinism is not hard to understand. It is hard to accept. Once the eyes are cleared of self-will-worship, it's very plain. God is God. It's that simple. He is omnipotent and absolutely sovereign. As the boss said, "I'm the boss. If there's any questins about that, refer to what I just said." He has left nothing to chance. He has surrendered none of His dominion to man. There is no such thing as a self-imposed limit on His power and rule. Anything to the contrary is a lie. Man stands in opposition to God's rule. His pride will not let him submit. But God will get His glory and will not depend on fallen man's cooperation to do it.

"for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure"

4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

1 John 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ.

J.D., your post suggest that God created us as robots. How can we have fellowship with God and Jesus if we are just robots? Having fellowship between two is meaningless without some freewill on the part of both.

Of course God is sovereign. Everyone here believes God is soverign. The sovereign God created us with some freewill, otherwise we could not have fellowship with him.

Why limit God as to how He created us? Remember, He is sovereign.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The reason it is hard to accept it does not include all that God knows and that He is everlasting to everlasting. You say He foreknew who would be saved but fail to say He foreknew, knows and sees all that believe and choose Him is what it pleases Him to add us to the saved.