1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism and the problem of evil.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, May 10, 2024.

1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think "God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass;"

I do not think you are a stupid man but the fact that you do not understand these words does make me wonder if you will accept the truth when it is right in front of you.

What do you think the writers of the LBCF to understand from those words? That God only decrees some things, that actually what He decreed changed all the time. That is the problem that you as a calvinist run into, you have to edit and modify what your leading calvinists and confessions say. If they did not mean "hath decreed ...unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass" then why did they write it that way?

You can stand by your claim all you want but those are the words of your LBCF. You have to live with the contradiction.

2. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the reason that I am not a calvinist is because I trust the bible as written. You misstated why I am not a calvinist, it is because I know that I am only saved by the grace of God through faith, I could not merit my salvation.

Also I am not so arrogant as to think I was one picked out before the foundation of the world. Further I also have not based my faith on pagan philosophy which is the foundation of calvinism.

There are in reality only two reasons so many Christians do not accept calvinism

Most Christians reject the error of calvinism because they have good discernment

But if however Calvinism is true the ultimate reason most reject it is because God sovereignly and unchangeably decreed their rejection of it.

So whether because of discernment or via decree God has had the majority of Christians reject calvinism.

God says, He desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1Ti 2:4 through the gospel, which is the power of God for salvation Rom 1:16 and that after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you will be sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise Eph 1:13 because God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him Joh 3:17 and whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life Joh 3:16 because by grace you have been saved through faith Eph 2:8

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who does Ephesians 1:4 excluded?, . . . According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: . . .

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually no one. It is only telling us that those that will trust in Him are destined to be holy and blameless and are destined for adoption. It does not tell us who will be in Christ but what the blessings are for those that are in Him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    As is your MO to comment on things you know nothing about. I must be a real thorn in your side. I point out the errors of calvinism and you just have a fit. But you have a good day KY.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been on this board for 15 yrs, you're just one of many dishonest anti-Cals I've met.

Well, yeah, it's quite apparent dishonesty on a Christian forum bothers you not a whit.

No, you don't, only in your deranged anti-Calvinistic mind. What you do is smear other Christians that hold dear scriptures that you refuse to believe.

Why don't you be honest and admit to being the Pelegian (or semi- Pelegian) that you are?

#67 kyredneck, May 20, 2024
    Last edited: May 20, 2024
  8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you taken the time to study the basis of your philosophy your view is based upon? I doubt it. Why would I, as a Christian, not point out the errors in your philosophy.
    In all the time you have been on here have you ever looked at scripture without your calvinist lens on? If you do not like the errors of calvinism being pointed out then go on some of the echo chamber calvinist sites.

I quote calvinists and you say I am being dishonest. Just because you want to accept what some man tells you the bible says rather than trust what the bible actually says is your cross to bare not mine.

You say the scriptures are clear so why do you not understand them?

I do notice that you love to throw out pejoratives quite often. In your arrogance you think that anyone that has not swallowed the pagan philosophy of augustine is a Pelegian (or semi- Pelegian).

You do not want t deal with scripture so you attack the messenger.

You can either trust scripture or you can trust what calvinism tells you scripture says, you can not do both.