1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinist Hats On

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Just wanted to say a public Thank you for sharing these links.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then Van....how would you categorize the authors of the 1689 Baptist confessions of Faith?

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Air breathing, mammalian homo sapiens....like the rest of us. :)

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, please don't misinterpret what I say as having any interest in your theology....sorry but I am completely convinced that my own theology best represents Salvation By Grace. Im committed to my own soteriology studies. And thats quite a daunting task, IE to study Calvin, Boice, Spurgon, Owen, Whitefield, Edwards, Bunyan, Knox Sproul, etc. But I do appreciate the offer.

Perhaps you can briefly explain how Free Will Theology ever began in the 1st place. Ive read a little about New England & New Haven Theology & how it paved the way for liberalism.

Thanks

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Curious why you are on a debate forum if you have no interest in considering and debating opposing views?

Are you really asking how "Free Will Theology" began to learn if your mind is not open to considering anything other than what you believe? Why ask?

If you are truly interested, start in Genesis with God telling which trees they could and could not eat from.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See....Barny Frank (God forbid) would answer for someone else.....Don't do that!;);)

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hahahaaaaaa OK 1st, my post wasnt directed at you, it was answering Humble's responses & thanking him for his offer. So do me a favor & butt out.

2nd.....I have no interest in being a Free Will Believer & I clearly stated it. I do want to know where the movement began however. No worries, there is always the internet & also my own Calvinistic brothers to ask. Im sure you prospective will be well represented with them....LOL

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

So you would reject BOTH the classical Cal/Arm view on man, as both affirm that we are depraved/dead enough that unless God extends Grace from the Cross to us, NONE could ever get saved?

9. JesusFan

Think that some people are "freaked" out to hear that GHod just might have a Will and a Plan for man that could be better than one we could make up!

Also, why is it that IF God does predestined His own to salvation, that it is bad/wrong/ not rihght according to us?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JF..... you need a bigger keyboard on your phone....LOL cleaned up your typo's.

You pose some loaded questions, nothing that will get resolved till we are at heavens gate....however I find it comforting that God is in control....I cant imagine that I could run it any better than my own Creator, can you?:love2:

11. JesusFan

maybe can get bigger keys there!
    just saying that it would be odd to say that HOWEVER God chose to work out His plans to save people would be "suspect" seems funny thing to do!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we possibly kill this thread now...we are at 10 pages???

Thanks

13. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Too many violations to continue this one.... Sorry, time to close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.