1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvin's Coffee Clutch discusses Sola Scriptura

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OSAS, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

If that's the case, then why a jewess? Why not a gentiless? You do believe that Adam and Eve were the first of the Human species do you not?

It had to be a jewess because the Jews are God's chosen race! Jesus is God the Son, therefore Jesus was born a jew, His people to save! But! He came to his own and His own received him not! So who are His people? The Jews remain "the people of God". However, Atonement was not made for the Jews, it was made for SIN! The invitation to believe and have everlasting life was extended by God to ALL of mankind, the Whosoever's of the world. The penalty for sin was Paid by God the Son, so there is no reason why Any and All whosoever's that do believe cannot have everlasting life.

The Jews remain "the elect of God". Virtually everyone whom God uses for his purposes, is an elect of God.

2. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Wrong definition of "Elect"

Those used for his purposes are known as "His Creation(s)"

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Then you violate the common Calvinist definition of "The Elect" because You include All of God's creation in your definition of The Elect. He elected to create them in the first place, therefore they are ALL known to Him from before the foundation of the world. That is the Calvinist definition of "The elect" is it not?

4. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    C'mon everybody! Lets do the twist!

Nooo... That is not what I said. Nice spin on it tho! [​IMG]

Those that God uses for his purpose are known as "His creation(s)"

"The Elect" Are those persons that God had chosen before the foundation of the world to be the objects of his undeserved favor. These, and these only he purposed to save. He chose them solely on His own good pleasure, and sovereign will.

Matthew 11:27 "All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."

Matthew 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Mark 13:20 "And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days."

5. rc

rc New Member

Have fun OSAS !

Wish I could help, just enough time to say hi to everyone going on a vaca to study for awhile ! Be back in a week. Keep up the fight ! (In love you sinners !) ha ha...

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You have just invalidated the words of Jesus, the words of Paul, over half the new testament, and You have negated the Salvation Hopes of virtually every Living person who has faith in God! Congratulations on your ignorance of all the whosoever's, and all of those whom God said "that none should perish but all should have everlasting life". You have also negated the Christ's atonement for the sins of the world.

And you call yourself Christian?

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi OSAS;
    [​IMG] No kidding and man can't do a thing to change God's mind Hmmmmmmmmm. We are still clay in the potters hand.

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
    Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
    Jer 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
    Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
    Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
    Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
    Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
    Jer 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.

Maybe you'd like to explain why God pleaded with the Jews to turn them selves from evil and live.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

I mean why would he do that if men weren't capable of turning to God on there own.
    Timothy said;
    1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
    1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
    John quoted Jesus saying;
    Joh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
    Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    Paul said all Gentiles are chosen to have Salvation
    Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

If Salvation is come to all Gentiles who would be left for election the Jews were already elected.
    Calvinism is a false doctrine all you need is to believe in God's Word...
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

8. rc

rc New Member

Arminianism is a false doctrine, all you need to do is "understand" God's word.

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Calvinism is a false doctrine, all you need to do is "understand" God's word!

10. rc

rc New Member

oohhh..... good one wes.... couldn't think of something original?

And again, nowhere has Calvinism been condemned as heresy. Unlike what you believe.

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Thanks for the complement, but really it applies to the one who prompted my very astute comment.

12. rc

rc New Member

Find that Council yet? I've got four against Arminianism...

13. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for the late response gentlemen, was in the hospital for a colon resection surgery, prep a few days before, and a week + recovery at home before I could get back here a typing. (As you can see by my latest swarm of replies I must be back now.) [​IMG] Please forgive me for leaving this hanging, I will catch up now!

How have I negated anything???

Matthew 7:14-29 is a good place to see that not everyone is going to make it. Jesus sets it pretty straight there alrighty.

God chooses ahead of time who the Holy Spirit will free from themselves. Why? Beats me? God gives only one reason why he does what he does.

Philippians 2:13 puts mankind in its place when demanding an answer as to "why".

Paul I negate? Wow! Never read the book of Romans huh?

Trying to twist this around and dump it on my lap with additions and subtractions from scripture doesn't make anyone right or wrong!

Throwing all dogma aside, those who are saved fall into the following category:

They believe Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior.

They believe that He died for their sins to save them from God's judgement for Adam's original sin.

They believe he rose again 3 days later from the tomb to prove that eternal life exists.

Calvinism, Arminianism, YoYoism, BlahBlahism, what ever road leads to believing works when the end result is not having to stand in judgement at the Great White Throne!

I have no idea who the elect are. It is none of my business. My business is to keep a strong voice for missions, and keep the gospel moving forward so that those who hear it get their chance at hearing it. I do not let Calvinism stop my thoughts of witnessing "knowing" that the elect will be saved no matter if I witness or not.

14. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Where is the disagreement?

I have no idea, I could not even begin to explain the mind or will of God.

Men cannot turn to God until the Holy Spirit saves them from themselves. Then it is up to man to make his way home down the narrow road once allowed to believe.

God is no respecter of persons. The elect were decided long before the foundation of the world. Jew or Gentile, whoever is on the list, I have no idea who the names are or whether they are Jew or Gentile.

The Calvin naysayer, as well as baiting, trolling, backhanded complimenting, post manipulators are still under the impression that "Calvinism" has something to do with the one on one relationship between the "saved" and the "Savior".

John Calvin and his "Institutes of Christianity" had absolutely nothing to do with me walking down the aisle at 8 yrs. old in South Euclid Southern Baptist church in Ontario, California, and praying with Rev. Robert Downey to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and be baptised the very next Sunday after morning service.

The Calvinist Doctrine is not a dealmaker or dealbreaker when it comes to salvation. Those who believe are saved, those who do not believe are not saved.

What is so hard to understand about John 3:16 ?

15. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hold your breath, in time he will just tell you the conversation is over rather than bring forth evidence to substantiate his accusations.