1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Campbell Brown [CNN] Under the Spell of PMS

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 3, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Campbell Brown came across as the one woman on CNN that would be happy if Palin dropped out of the race. I understand she showed her fangs the other when she charged the gates of Fort Palin. I have yet to hear her comments on Palin, but, from what I've heard, it is clear Campbell Brown was acting under the hormonal imbalance that she calls PMS [Palin-Must-Suffer]:laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:
    Remove the Haze Ministries
    Prodigal Daze
    Thorn Daze

2. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

If you're referring to the exchange I'm thinking of, I thought she could have been calmer, but I also think Tucker Bounds, a spokesperson for McCain-Palin, should have been better informed in that instance and faced the question more "head-on". I watch CNN faithfully, and can really cite examples from all there, male and female alike, in undue nitpicking of Palin.

Today I witnessed Soledad O'Brien (granted, a female, but I don't think it matters) reply to an answer she obviously didn't like from a Republican, "Well, I'll take that as Republican spin". I'm glad David Gurgen (sp?), a liberal if I'm not mistaken, had the guts to say when his turn came next, "Well, my answer is liable to be taken as media spin, then, but here's what I think", or something to that effect.

I really think we should keep references of PMS, no matter what the letters stand for, out of these discussions.

#2 PamelaK, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tisk, Tisk!!!

I know you know that I was making a funny on the acronym -PMS- and not trying to be sexist or anything else. So please don't take my post serious. The truth is, there are way too many hard feelings being spoken from both sides, and if we don't slow down and take a deep breath, the right and left may make the war in Iraq look like a minor skirmish in the dessert.

If I offended you Pamela, I'm sorry, because I only menat to be light hearted:wavey:

Shalom my Sister, Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

4. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Originally Posted by PamelaK
    If you're referring to the exchange I'm thinking of, I thought she could have been calmer, but I also think Tucker Bounds, a spokesperson for McCain-Palin, should have been better informed in that instance and faced the question more "head-on". I watch CNN faithfully, and can really cite examples from all there, male and female alike, in undue nitpicking of Palin.

Today I witnessed Soledad O'Brien (granted, a female, but I don't think it matters) reply to an answer she obviously didn't like from a Republican, "Well, I'll take that as Republican spin". I'm glad David Gurgen (sp?), a liberal if I'm not mistaken, had the guts to say when his turn came next, "Well, my answer is liable to be taken as media spin, then, but here's what I think", or something to that effect.

I really think we should keep references of PMS, no matter what the letters stand for, out of these discussions.

I know you know that I was making a funny on the acronym -PMS- and not trying to be sexist or anything else. So please don't take my post serious. The truth is, there are way too many hard feelings being spoken from both sides, and if we don't slow down and take a deep breath, the right and left may make the war in Iraq look like a minor skirmish in the dessert.

If I offended you Pamela, I'm sorry, because I only menat to be light hearted:wavey:

Shalom my Sister, Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

No offense taken. Just stating my opinion of terms I think should be avoided. :wavey: