1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can an unsaved person lead others to Jesus?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Ready to Harvest

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Andersonite crowd holds this "soulwinner salvation" as one of their distinctives, it seems. Anderson says that it takes three to get someone saved: God, the soulwinner, and the person themself. He also says that people cannot get saved from reading the Bible, because they must have a soulwinner involved. Also the Bible must be KJV or they cannot get saved.

I'm not kidding: Soulwinner Salvation – NewIFB.info

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve Anderson is a nut.

[​IMG]

I mean, come on, this looks totally normal to me! :rolleyes::Cautious:rolleyes::Cautious

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do not insult nuts. Calling a nut "Steve Anderson" is a rule violation of name calling. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That pulpit looks like he built it in his garage. Tacky preaching from a tacky pulpit?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It came from some wood that was in King James' castle?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it came from King Jimmy's ye olde out house. It covered up what Anderson preaches.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

But it's not for me to judge if one is saved or not, unless it's obvious one is not, such as a pagan or criminal.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it was a double-decker out house at that!

9. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasnt it Benjamin Keach Jr that pastored for a while and was the comverted under his own preaching?

I remember it was a Junior with his father being a well known Baptist pastor as well

Correction. It was Elias Keach

10. Kierk

Kierk New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My understanding is they are basing most of it off Matthew 7:15-20:

15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Which seems like they are reading way too much into it, since it starts off specifically talking about false prophets. False prophets twist and change doctrine (Duet 18:20, 2 Peter 2:1, Romans 16:18), so they would definitely be unable to lead anyone to Jesus. But an unrighteous preacher reading from a KJV Bible is not really the source of the teaching, it ultimately comes from Christ.

The other problem with this way of thinking is that almost nothing can be used to spread the Gospel if it must pass an arbitrary purity test. What if the printing press of the Bible used is run by atheists, does that mean it can never save anyone? That's where the weirdness of needing an already saved person to be present comes in, or it would be inconsistent.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's nice to know none of us have the right to judge others. Even though many of us do anyway. I believe that if a man believes in Christ the gift has already been given. Eternal life is eternal. I also believe that Christ died for all of our sins,past,present,and future. No one is without SIN. No one lives a perfect Christian Life. We all still have two natures and we all still sin.

A man"s work is not necessary for Salvation Romans 4:5 because his faith still counts for righteousness. There are rewards for our works although works have nothing to do with Salvation.

Living a Christian life has nothing to do with Salvation either. Living a Christian life is hard to do none of us do it perfectly. It really is hard work.
    MB