1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Catholics use artificial means of birth control?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by ventin, Dec 21, 2001.

1. wishtolearn

wishtolearn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pauline:
    wishtolearn,
    I don't think I have ever attacked you on this board. If I have, please, tell me where. I'll examine what I wrote and if it was, indeed, an attack, I'll apologize.

I have tried to show the problem with some of the thoughts you have posted. But that's part of posting on this board. That is not an attack on the person.

It does bother me, and probably every Catholic posting on here, when you call yourself "Catholic". I really appreciate it if you have removed that designation from your profile.

And I do think you're defensive where my posts are concerned. I also think that for some reason, which I do not know, you have given up the greatest treasure on this earth -- being a faithful Catholic. But thinking those things does not constitute an attack on you. And I do pray for you daily.
    Pauline
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the prayers, that's sweet of you.

Greatest treasure on Earth? How about being alive and knowing Christ personally and speaking with him as a friend, daily. That beats the heck out of belonging to this church or that denomination. Finding peace in this world and having wonderful friends and family, that definately beats belonging to the Church. I worship God, not the Catholic Church. I have changed my profile so as not to 'confuse" anyone anymore.

2. Pauline

Pauline New Member

wishtolearn,
    I had a close and dear relationship with Jesus Christ in Protestant churches and in the isolated and beautiful Canadian wilderness. But none of that began to compare with the relationship that I have found with Him in the Catholic Church. What you call a "wafer" is indeed Jesus Christ giving Himself to us in the most intimate relationship with Himself that there is on this earth. And a person can only find that in the Catholic Church.

In Christ's love,
    Pauline

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Pauline ]

3. wishtolearn

wishtolearn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pauline:
    wishtolearn,
    I had a close and dear relationship with Jesus Christ in Protestant churches and in the isolated and beautiful Canadian wilderness. But none of that began to compare with the relationship that I have found with Him in the Catholic Church. What you call a "wafer" is indeed Jesus Christ giving Himself to us in the most intimate relationship with Himself that there is on this earth. And a person can only find that in the Catholic Church.

In Christ's love,
    Pauline

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Pauline ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pauline,
    I'm happy for you and your intimate relationship with Christ. However, I do not believe that Holy Communion is the only and/or best way to experience the love of Christ. You've got to be kidding? I've sat in a lot of pews in a lot of Masses, but never have had any kind of wonderful experience with Him specifically during that time. I don't need that to feel His love or to learn about Him. You may. Does that make me less of a Christian than the next person? Hardly. This thread was originally about birth control and while being a part of it for what feels like over a week, I've come to realize that it was probably just a set up. Someone asking what the Church feels about birthcontrol when anyone who has been out of a coma for more than two days, knows the answer to that. You and I and others have beaten this topic to death while the originator has moved on to bigger and better threads long ago. I can't be the only one who notices this. Your response and others to me on this matter has done nothing to bring me closer to the Church. In fact, I'm starting to feel that the lack of love and compassion and tolerence on this board is very un-Christ like altogether. You have no intention to bring me back to the Church, only to say, "yes Pauline, you're right". I'm moving on to a new topic. Maybe I'll stay, maybe I won't. Depends on how dysfunctional I want to be I guess.