1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can christians have demons?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 16, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I think I might have demons.
    I do not mean I am posessed but simply demonized this means you have demons in your mind or the rest of the body. :(
    I feel like I have a spirit of resistance. Often it's like I'm rebellish against God and don't even know why! It bothers me but it's like I cannot stop my own thoughts.I think stuff and don't even know why. :confused:
    I think I needed deliverance but I dont know anybody who could do this.This is just great.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, resistence is not a demon. It's a human condition. You're not controlled by a demon, you're controlled by laziness and complacency. Your desire to blame a demon instead of taking responsibility is evidence to that.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

No 'Jimbo'. Christians cannot have demons.

1Co 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

The Holy Spirit cannot live aside Satan within your mind or body. This is new age Cr@p.

1 John 4:4 declares, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

In all the New Testament passages dealing with spiritual warfare,we are never told to cast a demon out of a believer (Ephesians 6:10-18). We are told to resist the devil (1Peter 5:8-9; James 4:7), not to cast him out.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

In addition to the other posts here "NO" a Christian can not have a demon. If the Son has set you free, you shall be Free Indeed" John 8:36

and remember Acts 2:21, "all who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved".

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Another 'no' to add to your collection. If you're a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit in you; He ensures there is no room for anything else

Yours in Christ

Matt

6. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Yes, a Christian can have (be bothered by) demons. However, they cannot be possessed.

If you think they are bothering you, tell them in the name of Jesus to leave you alone.

You don't need deliverence, you just need to resist.

Peace,

Tam

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Tam... that's not what he's asking tho.

I do not mean I am posessed but simply demonized this means you have demons in your mind or the rest of the body.

8. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

But a lot of christians say christian can indeed have demons! Cause the holy spirit lives in your spirit! No demon can enter your spirit but your body also offers enough room where a demon could be. He could be in the mind or the soul or the heart.
    I have asked an experienced christian on the phone and he said yes,christians can have demons.
    This does not mean you begin to insult God and behave like the girl in the Exorcist but these demons can influence you and affect you.
    I am not searching for a lame excuse! I know that I often think stuff which I don't want to think!

9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow! Tough love, but perfect Truth. Johnv got it right on. It is a human condition. The more we submit ourselves to God, the less any demons can affect our lives. And "No" a Christian cannot be posessed by any demon. It could not live side by side with the Spirit of Christ which is in you!

" Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughfter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. " (Jas 4:7-10)

God Bless! [​IMG]

10. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Oh really?
    Do you have any biblical proof for this? :confused:

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Soul, spirit and "heart" are all the same. There is no room here for any demon. Evil thoughts can posess your mind but not any demon itself. You have the power in Christ to rid your mind as you submit yourself to God as the scripture states. As someone pointed out, if the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed.

You are not alone in the battle of the mind. I have fought many evil thoughts myself and only through prayer and submission to God did I rid myself of them. I know my weaknesses in this human prison. Only when I stay nigh unto God is when I am strong against these attacks. You can be attacked but you cannot be posessed.

If you rightly define the problem, then you can rid yourself of it. It is not a demon posession , it is demonic attack and God gives us victory if we follow His instructions.

God Bless! [​IMG]

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Matthew 6:22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

13. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Or, II Cor 6:15; you're either in one camp or the other, you can't be in both

Yours in Christ

Matt

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "I in them, and thou (the Father) in me, that they may be made perfect in one......" (John 17:23)

Can Jesus Christ and the Father be posessed? You are one with Jesus when born again. You cannot be posessed lest you believe He can be posessed!

And it was already pointed out that Jesus said "if the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed". You are not set free just to be posessed later by any demon. You can be attacked, but not posessed.

God Bless! [​IMG]

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

'Jimbo', you said:I am not searching for a lame excuse! I know that I often think stuff which I don't want to think!

You waste an awful lot of time wanting to know what WE think when you ought to be spending that spare time in the Bible, seeing what God has to say about things.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, F19 against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

The bible says your BODY is the temple of God, the Holy Spirit lives in you and will not share that temple with a demon. Our temptations to sin can come from satan(some are from our own desires), but we are the ones who choose to do the actual sin. The bible tells us to fill our minds with His word, if you read, study, and the real secret, memorize scripture that pretain to whatever thoughts are coming to your mind, and determine you will not dwell on those thoughts when they come to you but rather on the word of God you can be victorious.

17. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

But I am not sure about it! I really cannot say who's right!

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

God is right, and no where in scripture does it teach us we as christians indwelt with the Holy Spirit can be demon possesed. Filling your mind with the mind of God(scripture) will help keep you from dwelling on undesirable thoughts when they come.
    You don't have too believe us,a nd shouldn't, go to scripture.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Can you say the Bible is right?

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

20. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Excuse me but what does this have to do with demons?

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.