1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Obama Filibuster the World in Case of War?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 24, 2009.

1. alatide

alatide New Member

Can you or anyone else prove Bush's conspiracy theory? Just answer me one thing. Why isn't bin aden charged with any crime relating to 9/11? Show some credibility by answering that simple question.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's right...Clinton signed that order.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So besides a proven liar...you are an admitted murderer as well!

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks, alatide, for a glimpse into your heart.

I pity you. You must be one miserable individual.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And the Neo-Libs are right there with them.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

Clinton did order a rocket attack on Iraq but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the invasion. Why isn't bin Laden charged by the FBI with any 9/11 crime?

#26 alatide, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  7. alatide

alatide New Member

What proof? What murder? Another meaningless slur. Address the facts.

8. alatide

alatide New Member

Never heard of them. Who are you referring to?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

1 John 3:15 is a fact. You stated you hate "the traitors who did this...", no slur, just truth.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberals and the warfare state

Posted by Norman Singleton on February 26, 2007

What US President said ” “An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force.”

W? Bush the first? No. Need a hint? Okay, this President also backed dictatorial regimes in El Salvador, Indonesia, and Iran. Reagan? Nope, the quote above comes from Jimmy Carter’s 1980 State of the Union address.

Robert Jensen reminds us of this and other instances of Democratic support for the warfare state, including Democratic support for Clinton’s bombing of Iraq. I clearly remember Democrats questioning the patriotism of Republicans who wanted to impeach Clinton while he was “defending America” by bombing Iraq.

This piece is much-reading for anyone who believes the that Democrats’ opposition to Iraq represents anything more than partisan opposition to Republican wars. Just like all-to-many conservative Republicans are only reliable opponents of the welfare state when Democrats control the White House, to many liberal Democrats are only reliable opponents of the warfare state when a Republican resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Also worth reading is Jeffery St. Clair on how Bill Clinton paved the way for Bush. St. Clair points out that when it comes to war, civil liberties, and using state power to favor powerful corporate interests, there is not even a dime’s worth of difference between Clintonian neoliberalism and Bushian neoconservatism.

- www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/012395.html

"The arrogance of the neoliberalism that Obama embodies is quite the opposite: it is the belief that it is moral to use the violence, force, and coercion of government to reshape society, or the world, to your vision."

- http://original.antiwar.com/adam-ko...s-candor-refreshing-his-policies-not-so-much/

11. alatide

alatide New Member

May God have mercy on your soul.

12. alatide

alatide New Member

So, where does this charge come from? You are so irrational I can't understand your perverted "logic." Now tell me why bin Laden wasn't charged with anything related to 9/11 by the FBI.

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Ooh, ooh ooh....Miss Alatide?,....Please call on me,ooh, ooh, can't you see my hand up?
    Thank you.
    The answer to your question, "Now tell me why bin Laden wasn't charged with anything related to 9/11 by the FBI."(sic)
    Why charge someone when they are never going to see the inside of a jail, much less a court-room?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The charge of what? I showed you how you are a murderer...what else would you like? It is not my "logic", btw...it was Christ that called you a murderer...take it up with Him.

15. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

If this is your qualifications for being a murderer, you along with most of your right-wing buddies here are guilty of murder on a huge scale!

Maybe you should work on that beam in your eye before casting judgment on others.

16. Spear

Spear New Member

I'm coming back to the original purpose of the thread, and will reply in such a context.

The only thing that annoyed me, is that none should speak in the name of Christ to someone else. It's my opinion.

So Paul, there we go ;)

I have to admit, that i had to check in the dictionary to know what " Filibuster " means :) ... " Obstruction parlementaire " in french :D ...

From here, your president is popular, he's young, and to be honest, many here wondered if USA would do it, and elect a black president, and yes, you did it, which puts an end to many " wonder if " about USA & colour questions.

Our president is very enthusiastic about USA, and seems to admire many things, often remembers officially the friendship between the nations, with the right to think differently. I agree with him on that. The matter here, is that some don't share that feeling.

I'm optimistic, the crisis is, i hope, over, with better finances, we'll be back on the rails of growth.

So, i hope :)

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's not my qualifications, it's Jesus'...have you never seen them before?

You have falsely accused me, btw. I have never stated I hate any liberal including the president and the terrorist responsible for 9/11. I'll be waiting for the apology (but won't hold my breath).

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

He does, and He has.

And I still pity you.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

That's right.

We don't try people in a courtroom for acts of war.

The FBI didn't charge the Japanese emporer with a crime for Pearl Harbor.

Alatide...I bet you hate it when someone points out the stupidity of your arguments, don't you?

20. Spear

Spear New Member

Please, i kindly ask you all to remember we're a community, brothers and sisters, some wondering about this or that, debating, ... we can all disagree, even strongly, without being rude no ?

God bless you all.

:1_grouphug:

Do sometimes moderators intervene to temper ?