1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can people get saved while they practice a false doctrine?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Mar 20, 2008.

1. readmore

readmore New Member

Maybe that's not pertinent. I think this is talking more about people that are preaching the true gospel but with the wrong heart--not people that are preaching an incorrect gospel.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure. If it is his will that none should perish, and yet most will... what's the answer? If Bear Bryant had a real will to win, but if he had lost more than 300 games instead won that many... would he have been 'at a losss?'

3. twomontes

twomontes New Member

I have had this question to come up in meetings and also have pondered it myself,worrying that people are being led astray.However I find that in Mark Ch.9 v38-40 Christ eases my fears.God will use whom He will use to reach whom He will. :godisgood:

4. standingfirminChrist

Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Is a false doctrine a lie? If one continues in false doctrine, will God be faithful to His promise in Revelation?

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I agree with you.

I will have to find the verse, but doesnt the Bible instruct us to "flee" from false prophets?

AJ

6. standingfirminChrist

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Acts 20:28-29 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I agree with Tim on this. It must be taken on a one by one basis.
    There is no one size fits all answer.
    Some, such as Catholics that have obviously way off theology.

Others like SFIC have really off theology as well from a reformed point of view but he still believes in salvation by grace.

Tim and I disagree on some things but we would not consider that to make a difference in salvation.

If we put it another way, does orthodox theology mean that a person is saved?
    Not necessarily.

No two people on the BB agree on every subject so unless perfect theology is not required, only one person could be saved on here!

8. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Another attack on SFIC, I see. Do you ever stop? His point of view is definitely NOT reformed. He believes the Bible, which teaches salvation by grace. You only judge according to what "Dale-c" thinks, not according to what "saith the Lord".

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dale was saying from HIS reformed view, not that SFIC was reformed.

It is not an attack to say you two have off theology on some matters, because it is the truth. I'm sure it is the truth for all of us.

10. Joe

Joe New Member

Matt 7: 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Galatians 5: Idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath

It doesn't say you shall know them by their doctrine
    I was baptized SDA. I often wonder if that is considered false doctrine, thus produced a false baptism. Some of their beliefs are false doctrine, but my personal beliefs at the time were not.

#30 Joe, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is interesting because of our dealings with the Jehovah's Witnesses that have been coming to the door and having read stuff online from those who are JW and others who support them. They look to Jesus Christ as their Savior - and they believe that He died for their sins - and that you must accept the gift of salvation to be saved. Sounds pretty good - but what Jesus do they believe in? Certainly not God in the flesh because He's not God. So while they have all the right things to say, and they DO believe on Jesus, are they saved? One person says that that is the most important thing - that they believe on Jesus for their salvation and that's all that matters.

12. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I have never known, nor has God known, anyone who had all their doctrine perfect before He would save anyone.:godisgood:

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow! Great post Sal. Amen and amen.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It's what they teach about Who Jesus is that is heresy.

I ask them "Who is the author of confusion?"

They always reply, "The devil" or "Satan".

I tell them how Jesus saved me, put my family back together, showed me Jesus is God through the Scriptures, and ask them why they go around trying to confuse people?

15. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Having come out of what I now call spiritual darkness, a mainstream pentecostal denomination, I have learned that salvation is not by works that I do.

Joh 1:12 But to all who have received him — those who believe in his name — he has given the right to become God's children

Joh 1:13 — children not born by human parents or by human desire or a husband's decision, but by God.

Only God knows the children he has given birth to.

Mat 7:22 On that day, many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?'

Mat 7:23 Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!'

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That's a great testimony followed by an excellent question. It's one thing to talk about what Christ can do for somebody else, but it's another thing, and an irrefutable thing, to talk about what Christ did for you.

Do they even have a response to that question? I doubt that they do.

17. nunatak

nunatak New Member

What Christ did for one he did for all his sheep. Suffered and died on the cross.