1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can someone define the gospel of the kingdom?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bob Hope, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best just to address this from a doctrinal position, SG. Bob has presented a great opportunity to address a doctrine that is more common than we might think. It is a racist bred mentality and doctrinal position, and racism is not something exclusive to White Supremacists. Racism is something that continues to be a problem worldwide, has nothing to do with color, and inevitably leads to death except there be some restraint interjected into the mix.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only for the Skeptical, lol.

Only those skeptical about the Word of God itself could possibly see "fundamental truth" as an oxymoron. Military Intelligence, maybe, but not fundamental truth.

God bless.

3. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

It is explained by Roger Norman in the video I posted. But he tracts their migration out of Israel. Their letters to their kinsmen, the different names they went by. The style of their writing, the letters they used. And how they came to settle in Britain and how the name Britain plays a part in that. He also covers the blessings that would follow them and how that blessing is still in place today.

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trying to tie the Anglo-Saxons to the Israelites is just ridiculous. How did they go from speaking a Semetic language with its own script to West Germanic, a proto-Indo-European language with no trace of Semetic influence?

Being a believer in Christ is what matters. Trying to steal an ethnic origin for the sole purpose of proving your racial superiority is sickening.

5. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

What if it were true? Lets presume for a moment that I am correct. That a large portion of white people are the children of Abraham, (or all of them), that Japhethites are Asians and Hamites are blacks. How does understanding this to be true make one a racist? I will agree that Christian Identity is wrong in their conclusion, but many things they base that wrong conclusion upon are sound historical facts.

#65 Bob Hope, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  6. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

All the European languages have some similarities. Just look at the difference in America how people from the south speak vs people from the north. Now imagine isolating them with no technology no stay current.

#66 Bob Hope, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A basic teaching that presents the Character of God is summed up by Christ in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

We must remember that we all descend to the same earthly father.

I find it ironic that Jews are often a target of Racism, which, when we see that Israel was created as a Witness Nation and commanded to be separate, might lead one to conclude that they deserve it for being racist themselves.

Now here is the important thing to consider: Israel did not fulfill her role as the representative People of God. In other words, we see a corruption of God's Character when the result is a haughty and racist attitude.

When we see God described as hating people, it is always a result of failure to comply with God's will. In the Parable, those who stood in the very position that picture's Christ's Priesthood thought that they did God a service by ignoring the plight of a man in dire straits. The rebuke is seen in "What man would leave his animal stuck in a ditch...so he could feign obedience to the will of God?

It is not a matter of who we descend from that makes us a racist, that is generally exposed in our words and actions. And you cannot, I don't think, Bob, reasonably say that the first video you posted on this forum (that I became aware of) is not of a racist bent. It is propaganda, and stands in stark contrast to the very Character and instruction of Holy God.

Not even the example of a people created and set apart in the Old Testament justifies hatred of another based on where they come from, what they look like, what language is spoken, or the color of their skin.What is often perceived of hatred of individuals on the part of God is in fact hatred of sin, and the resulting consequences are in fact the judgment of sin. They are not judged because of who they are, they are judged for Who they have rejected.

Again, racism doesn't necessarily involve the color of skin, but, it always involved the condition of the heart. And nowhere can we see in Scripture a racist attitude endorsed.

And really have to get going, you are not helping me in the area of discipline, Bob.

;)

God bless.

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all of them. You have the remaining Celtic languages, Irish, Manx, Breton, Scottish, and Welsh. And the Basque language in Spain isn't a proto-Indo-European language, if I recall correctly.

ENG 326, History of the English Language, was my favorite undergrad class. I kick myself for selling the textbook back, and need to find a used copy. Bob, you should check it out. The real history will be much more interesting and profitable than the pseudo history that you are enamored with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Alright, Ill give you the last word so we can both get going.:)

10. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

I find your lack of faith (in YouTube) disturbing.

He covers some of how the written language changed.

11. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should I take this guy's opinion over that of Cambridge's Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic, which has been in operation since 1657?

Studying these things is not new, and actually predates youtube by quite a few years. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

The men like E. Raymond Capt go way back too. Unfortunately, I believe Capt to be a closet Freemason who is doing research to the betterment of the elite who want to trace their lineage also. You'll find Mr Normans history has is nothing new. He just uses the bible as a back drop and ties it altogether.

13. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

I already used that one. I have chosen to cast pearls here anyway. Time is short and soon may pretibers will see that there is no rapture that will occur before the tribulation. There is also a good chance Israel will fall, possibly with nukes. Many will be confused by this because of their poor understanding of NT doctrine.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And when you understand why that is not a good thing you will then perhaps turn your attention back to the Word of God.

There are a number of You-Tube sensations that also "use" the Bible.

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Israel might possibly be nuked.

Going to make it hard for New Testament Prophecy to be carried out, isn't it?

Cannot view that which contradicts the New Testament to be pearls, Bob. Does You-Tube have any videos of the conditions in Japan when we dropped bombs over there?

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.