1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured can someone who hold to Lordship salvation define it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No...you showed that you do not grasp what he said.You repeat the same error on several threads....you posted directly opposite of scripture on jn 3 in the other thread.
    Perhaps your posting reflects your contention that you and your pastor are to be approved over Jmac....I will go with what he actually teaches...instead of what you mistakenly say he teaches

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What does this mean?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gibberish has little meaning.

We are saved by faith alone by God alone, and not of ourselves, lest we should boast. (With apologies to Paul.)

We are saved by faith when God credits our faith as righteousness.

We are saved by God alone when God alone puts us in Christ, the sanctification by the Spirit.

In Christ = saved, not in Christ = not saved.

In Christ = justified, not in Christ = not justified

In Christ = regenerated, not in Christ = not regenerated.

Faithomatic transmission, where a person puts themselves within the corporately elected body of Christ is a fiction.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

You're right, Yeshua, but inexplicably, as you can see from this board, many approach it differently without any biblical justification to do so, and some just plain don't understand it, but pretend to. :thumbsup:

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look how they run to Lordship sanctification and away from Lordship salvation. Good Golly Miss Molly

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is "wrong" with Lordship salvation?

Personally I think it deflects the real question.

"Have you made Christ the Lord of your life"? is not the issue.

"have you come to a realization of who Christ is"? is IMO the question which matters.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.​

If we believe and understand this scripture then lordship becomes a matter of the realization of who He is not so much our ability to "make Him Lord".​

To me its almost an insult to "make Him Lord".
    He is the eternal God almighty come in the flesh and we should ALL be in awe of His glory.​

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.​

HankD​

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.....you have a nice & easy way of explaining it. :applause:

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The demons believe Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, but have not made Him Lord of their existence.

So the question becomes, Do you love, worship and adore Jesus, with all your heart, such that you are committed to following Him wherever He leads, and serving Him with all you have?

Saving faith is not believing in a laundry list of the right things hard enough, but rather our love and devotion to Christ alone, and not to ourselves, or the treasures of this world. Matthew 13:1-23.

Salvation fulfills the covenant of love, James 2:5

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Means the the Biblical model given to us is that we as sinners are first saved by Grace of God, have the Holy spirit then indwelling us, and its HIS WORK tio conform us more into image of jesus daily, and that the method God uses is to have us submit and yeild our wills to that of the Spirit's, as he alone can produce in and thru us fruit and christian living!

God imparts justification, but NOT infusing us with grace, as RCC hold to!

And its not us trying to lve right by infused grace, its us allowing him to klive and thru as life of christ!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is ironic on this discussion is that those who are most adament that its free grace, act of God, our strictly reformed bethren, seem to be holding to a theology more arminian, rcc based than arminians holding to free grace!

baptist tens to see OSAS, living in and by the Holy spirit, reformed by Living rightly, by the infused grace God bestows upon is, but its basically our working out our salvation!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see it as right now we are sighted in heavens with Jesus, that God sees us as alredy being there and glorified, butthat to us, still daily saunctication process!

In same fashion, Jesus right now is the Lord immediantly once saved, but we progress in what that fully entails !

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

This is typical of what I'm speaking of. You obscure the discussion with extraneous nonsense, personal affronts and deliberate obfuscations. You present yourself as an intellectual but seem incapable of doing anything beyond cut-and-pasting, or regurgitating, the writings of a narrow list of your "accepted" teachers, most of whom get it wrong. Good luck with that. Let me know when we meet in heaven how it went for you on Earth.

#112 thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because in reality they don't believe He is the Alpha and Omega and that another someone else is their Alpha and Omega.

It's the same with most of humanity

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.​

The world is looking for the antichrist - him they will receive.​

Simply declaring Jesus as my Lord doesn't change a thing IMO.​

What good did it do for those in Luke 13 who seemingly loyal to Him boldly called to Him in the emphatic Lord, Lord!.. ?​

Therefore and IMO it could be a way for the counterfeits (tares) to deceive the elect (if that were possible).​

It reminds me of Senator McCArthy and others (yes, I'm old enough to remember him) who required a loyalty oath of the citizens.​

What communist worth his salt wouldn't give one? after all the very basis of the art of spy is deception.​

HankD​

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible seems to teach that Jesus is my Saviour/messiah in a personal iniotimate sense, while He is lord seems to refer more to what he already is by very nature being God!

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't get a big head but your becoming a hero of mine. You are spot on in your analysis....and of course you are prepared for the retrobution. They may come in like a pack of wolves or a lone wolf.....be forewarned and play nice. :laugh:

Ps: don't eat the donuts. You will turn into a disgusting fatbody.:smilewinkgrin:

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

My beautiful wife insists on holding me accountable to my diet. If she caught me with a donut, she'd make me do a 20-mile run in full pack. :laugh:

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    thisnumbersdisconnected

Judith posted correctly. you tried to offer correction that was completely wrong....I posted what the text actually does teach....clearly and unmistakenly....you now call it nonsense and obscuring the discussion ...which translated means - you did not like having your false idea exposed,so you ridicule the correction.
    There was nothing personal about it.It was cut and dry.

:laugh: Really??? I drive a commercial vehicle...not exactly fitting for intellectuals now is it. What is confusing you is...unlike you...I know I am not that smart,so I read and quote many of the godly teachers that you and your pastor have little use for evidently.

If others have seen truth and express it better than I do...what is wrong with cutting and pasting it. The truth belongs to God. The fact is that you and a few others who offer this complaint cannot begin to refute those things offered in those links...so you speak against them,and me. I understand. You tried to lecture Judith with your idea on jn 3...she saw through it and answered you .....you persisted saying what you believed the greek said....except you got it 100% backwards.

Luck has nothing to do with it...In God's providence he has given pastors and teachers to the church....those who despise them do so at their own peril...

Do not despair D-con...you have one fan....the president of international pub fellowship...he is not only the founder...he also is a client:laugh::laugh: here is his glowing endorsement...

Cheers....and bottoms up:wavey:

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a Marine DI....mine is a Prussian HIGHLANDER if you can imagine that weird hybred.

There there is cheese cake & oatmeal .... bulldogs and chickens.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, one more friend than you do. Oh I'm sorry,your the founding member of the 3 amigos......a band of wacky loony tune Calvies bent on forcing Reformed theology down the throats of everyone you meet.

But where is my manners......please have another donut.:laugh:

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

THis is amusing, to say the least, given that I and several others constantly refute them, which of course, you being unable to cope, choose instead to ignore.
    Repeating error, as she did -- as you constantly do -- is not an answer, it is continued folly.
    No, but if that's the best you got, we'll overlook it as more obfuscation. Have a blessed day, Icon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.