1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we go to Iraq?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by JoeKan, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JoeKan

JoeKan Member

Here's the situation. There's a brother in the church who's a Major in the Army. He will be leaving in August to Iraq and Afgan. for about 1 month. I feel like the Lord is wanting me to travel with him (I'm his Pastor).
    Can this be done? Would the Army allow civilians to travel, maybe as a short term chaplin.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

The Army has many civilians who go back and forth to work in their medical units, so it can be done.

Call the State Department and ask them they should be able to help you. If not, get in touch with the Red Cross or USO and see if you can go through them.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

As a chaplain, would they restrict you at all in what you could say?
    Not sure but a civilian route may be best.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Can you go to Iraq? If you are not real "attached" to your head.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never heard of a short-term chaplain. As I understand it, to be a regular chaplain you have to have your M. Div. and go through boot camp, so that's out of it for August, right?