1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we really Believe the Creator's Word?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, May 1, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Simple - the one thing that CAN be calculated is the amount of redioactivitiy that would result from walking the daughter product back - so that it is ALL redioactive parent product without daughter product present.

A result that would have been destructive to all life on the planet -

As has been stated - both models result in the older mountain ranges being a the trailing edge.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The problem with your speculation above is "again" that you claim to know all events in the past and to have "sufficiently accounted" for them.

The obvious flaw in that "assumption" is that science today "admits" that it can not account for over 90% of the mass and 80% of the energy in what it observes.

It observes galaxies held in place - that should not be.

It observes large solar masses a the outer ring of galaxies that "should not be there". If the billions of years idea is correct - they should have spun off long ago.

It observes trailing edges that should not be held in place.

The "fact" glaring back at them is that they have NOT accounted for even the majority of what they see today.

And "yet" when contending with the Creator's "account" they must "pretend to know it all" as you seem to be doing.

When in fact - the data points to an entirely different reality.

Better to trust the Creator's Account than the wild speculations of atheists and evolutionist "needing their bias to work out" but unnable to account for the data they observe.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And "yet" (Nothing in the past unknown to us) is the montra of true believers in evolutionism's doctrines.

Better to trust the Creator's account -

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then why rest your faith in the speculations of those who must "present the matter" as IF nothing was amiss to make their case?

Why not trust the Creator's account from the start?

In Christ,

Bob

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Bob

Please give references for copy and paste jobs. People should get credit (or blame) for their work.

"There seems to be a great deal of question regarding the branching ratio for..."

Strike! The brancking ratio has been known since the 1950s and has not changed. There is no question in the scienctific community on the branching ration and it borders on slander to suggest that they just pick the number that gives the best results. Dalrymple, G. B., 1984 How Old is the Earth?: A Reply to `Scientific' Creationism In "Proceedings of the 63rd Annual Meeting of the Pacific Division, American Association for the Advancement of Science" vol. 1, pt. 3, Frank Awbrey and William Thwaites (Eds). BTW, thanks for making reference to a dating method which does not assume the initial concentration of daughter products. YOu're doing my job for me.

"Since geochronologists assume that errors due to presence of initial Ar40 are small, their results are highly questionable. "

Read that real closely. The amount of Ar40 in the atmosphere initially is a problem for dating? Nope. All of the argon in a rock gets removed when it is melted and reformed. That is how the clock is reset. What the concentration in the atmosphere is does not matter. Don't you remember the recent discussion about Morris (he also spreads the lie above about branching ratios being picked from the air. Morris, Henry M. (Ed.), 1981 Scientific Creationism ninth printing, Creation-Life Publishers, San Diego, CA, ("general" edition).) and the young Hawaii rocks that dated old? The melted rocks had no excess argon. The unmelted rocks do. Strike.

"Argon diffuses from mineral to mineral with great ease."

Strike. Even if true, it does not affect dating since argon has been shown to prefferentially absorb to the surface and not penetrate into the interior of rocks. Young, Davis A., 1982a Christianity and the Age of the Earth Zondervan, Grand Rapids, MI.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"As has been stated - both models result in the older mountain ranges being a the trailing edge"

Again, if dating has such problems, why does it work out so well for the Hawaiian islands.

7. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Which day were the stars created?

Why are you backing away from you literal interpretation to accept another light other than the sun for the mornings and evenings?

8. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"It observes galaxies held in place - that should not be."

The amount of light deflection when passing by galaxy clusters is consistent with the amount of dark matter implied from galaxy rotation. These both agree with the amount of dark matter measured with the CMB as pointed out before. Consistency. They measure the same through different methods.

9. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

You are now quoting the nline Encyclopedia Britannica. When did that become a peer reviewed standard for scientists?

10. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I am also still waiting for your explanation of all the shared mutations and viral long term repeats between humans, apes and primates. That seems to be completely ignored except for the poodle thing. Of course, we can do that same thing for all of life. It is the twin nested heirarchy. Common descent seems to be the only explanation that fits.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While an objective review of the data is not a "classic approach" for evolutionists -
    I recommend

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3852.asp

For "evidence since the study".

It leads us "again" to a position of trusting the Creator's "account".

In Christ,

Bob

12. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3852.asp"

Again, the most recent reference in that list is 1983. I gave you a link to a more recent analysis (Brown, T M & Christensen-Dalsgaard, J (1998) 'Accurate determination of the solar photospheric radius', http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/9803131 ) where the data has been re-examined and combined with more recent and sensitive measurments to show there is no shrinkage. That, with the solving of the neutrino problem, puts the lid on any young sun arguments.

So, what about the mutations and LTRs? What about the copnsistency of the Hawaii dating? What about a listing of my fallacies and which type they are? When were the stars made? What about you going away from literal with the sun not causing the morning and evenings? What about the twin nested heirarchy?What about the CMB and gravity lensing providing a direct measurement for dark matter that concurs with galaxy rotatons? What about galaxies that have been colliding for hundreds of millions of years? What about how the Hawaiian islands were able to form, especially the heat transfer issues? What about all those transitionals I gave you last week? What about your promise to show me how "The Hawaiian Islands. The Marshall Islands. The mountain ranges of the American content, the Grand Canyon, the progress of the river deltas for all major rivers on the planet" show a young earth and can be better explained by YOU than geologists? What about...

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello! Dark matter and Dark Energy are called "dark" for a reason.

The reason is - they are not there. The energy radiates "nothing" in terms of particles. The matter radiates "nothing". Your circular argument above merely shows WHY we needed the "black-box miracle goes here" in the first place. IT DOES NOT show us anything in physics today that is "dark matter" or "dark energy".

We see that our physics does not explain the acceleration over time AND it does not explain the force used to hold the galaxies together so we "make up" the black box miracle-goes-here solution called dark energy and dark matter.

The fact that this RESULTS in the MAJORITY of all energy being "unknown to our physics" and the majority of all matter being "unknown to our laws of physics" and observation - should "tell you something".

But to the truly devoted evolutionist - nothing is daunting. They must "claim" to know all the science "anyway".

It would be better just to Trust in the Creator's "account" than to crawl so far out on that evolutionary limb.

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about your own evolutionist peers - like Richard Dawkings totally discounting your compromised position on the Bible and Science?

What about the numerous geochronometers listed here showing a young earth? (And indeed - young solar system?)

What about the fact that day for of the Genesis account specifies exactly TWO lights made on day four.

What about the fact that the Genesis account AFFIRMS the use Paul makes (3rd heaven being what we call heaven today - 2Cor 12) by telling us that the BIRDS fly in the midst of the expanse of the heavens - referenced in Gen 1?

What about the fact that ALL evolutionary claims to evolving life - have so far - been debunked?

Is there any science - any data at all that will disuade you from continuing to doubt the Creator's account?

If not - why?

In Christ,

Bob

15. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

No Bob.

Einstein gave us the math we needed to calculate how light behaves in the presence of a large gravitional field. When we look and gravitational lensing events, we see that there must about five times as much total mass as what is visible. http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101matter.html

When we look a rotating spiral galaxies we find that there is an extra mass of up to ten times the amount of visible matter. Some of this is believed to be in the form of low mass objects (I mean low mass as in brown and red dwarfs). This is supported by microlensing studies.

And, as I have shown you elsewhere, the CMB details show us that there was five times as much dark matter as baryonic matter in the early universe.

Inflation predicts about five times as much dark matter as "ordinary" matter.

The evidence is convincing that dark matter exists. We do not know what it is...yet. Do you consider that a failure? If you think that dark matter is an "evolutionary limb" that we should not crawl out on, then why do you not debunk the evidnece for dark matter?

16. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"What about your own evolutionist peers - like Richard Dawkings totally discounting your compromised position on the Bible and Science?"

I do not take my religious beliefs from atheists.

"What about the numerous geochronometers listed here showing a young earth? (And indeed - young solar system?)"

Which one would that be? I think they have all been fairly well debunked. I find it amazing that you mention the young sun still. I went over in very fine detail why the sun is not young. Give me some good evidence that the sun is young. Please!

"What about the fact that day for of the Genesis account specifies exactly TWO lights made on day four."

And uses the word for the abode of the stars wherever in Genesis 1 & 2 the creation of "heaven(s)" is mentioned.

"What about the fact that ALL evolutionary claims to evolving life - have so far - been debunked?"

Then show this to not be a valid transitional series from a factual basis.

http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/36/261.html?

"Is there any science - any data at all that will disuade you from continuing to doubt the Creator's account?"

Yes. I would gladly change my mind if the evidence for a young earth were to come along.

Is there any science - any data at all that will disuade you from continuing to incorrectly insist upon a literal interpretation of the creation?

So, what about the mutations and LTRs? What about the consistency of the Hawaii dating? What about a listing of my fallacies and which type they are? When were the stars made? What about you going away from literal with the sun not causing the morning and evenings? What about the twin nested heirarchy?What about the CMB and gravity lensing providing a direct measurement for dark matter that concurs with galaxy rotatons? What about galaxies that have been colliding for hundreds of millions of years? What about how the Hawaiian islands were able to form, especially the heat transfer issues? What about all those transitionals I gave you last week? What about your promise to show me how "The Hawaiian Islands. The Marshall Islands. The mountain ranges of the American content, the Grand Canyon, the progress of the river deltas for all major rivers on the planet" show a young earth and can be better explained by YOU than geologists? What about...

17. D28guy

D28guy New Member

UTEOTW,

It was said...

And you said...

Debunked by who? People set out to defend a completly unproven fairy tale???

Do you expect us to be swayed by people with an agenda as looney as they have?

Please...

Mike

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are dodging the point again. (And it is the point of the subject title for this thread).

Richard Dawkings (and Darwin) claim to know something about Darwinism. They are in "agreement" with Christians that place their trust in the Creator's "account" when they say the Claims of Evolution are in direct conflict with the clear - and obvious - statements in the Bible.

You on the other hand - only show that you 'need' to marry the two out of fear that one day evolutionism might be shown to be true.

I am simply pointing out that fearing the future and jump to a conflicted defensive position does not "avoid the problem" you sought to solve in advance.

In Christ,

Bob

19. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Mike

Exactly what agenda do you think I have? Besides, it is the facts of the case that show that the things asserted as young geochronometers are not valid. Often, if you go back to the original source, you will see that the young geochronometers are based on a misrepresentation of the data.

Since you are back, we had a few things left unanswered last time you post on this thread. Just go back to page 1 if you want to see what I am talking about.

You had posted that "Creationism predicts that, since all kinds of life were created in much the present form, and at about the same time," and I responded:

Do you have a way to generate the record we actually see in the fossil record in a young earth?

You said " but there were never any "half-this-half-that" transitional creatures. The fossil record shows that this is true. In fact, no verifiable transitional fossils have ever been found above the "Family" level."

To which I responded

Do you still claim there are no transitionals? Then what are all these that I gave you above? THis is just a very small sample.

You said "Gould and Eldredge proposed the "Punctuated Equilibrium" theory, that says that evolution occurred in sudden jumps, with long periods of stasis, or changelessness, between the quick spurts of evolutionary change. They have no evidence for this except for the millions of missing transitional fossils."

I responded

PE says that most evolution happens in small, isolated groups on short time spans on the order of only hundreds of thousands of years. This is why transitionals are fewer at the species level. But, as Gould pointed out and I have listed a few for you, transitions are abundant at the higher levels you claim do not exist.

You said "Any such change causes an increase of entropy, that is, a decrease in complexity." and "But thermodynamics is a limited field and we can see that a more general law of a net increase in entropy (disorganization) applies everywhere."

I responded

I'll not bother to quote the smaller entropy quotes, you can go read them. If you wish to show that evolution violates entropy it is up to you to prove this by showing us, with physics and math, where any necessary step in the evolution of life violate the laws of entropy. Otherwise your claim is false and without merit. Do you have this data?

Since you are back, we can just pick up here.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

"Again" you are dodging the point with a circulare argument.

The mass "held in place" at the outer rims of the galaxies is held by "black box magic" of sufficient mass to account for a gravitational field strong enough to hold them in place. I.E a mass that would be needed to CAUSE the effect seen. (The same is true for bending light).

But of course the "problem" is that NO SUCH MASS is there. (Hence the "Dark Matter" label).

And the BIGGER problem is that such a mass would account for the "majority" of the mass of the galaxy - not some small micro-section of it.

Your response shows a lack of critical thinking when it comes to swallowing the doctrines of evolutionism.

In your defensive position you can not admit even the most obvious points of physics.

(Kind of reminds me of your position on entropy not happening on earth since the sun is shining)

You mean "believe" as in "no matter what we see".

Microlensing has NOT shown that 90% of galaxies consists of matter with unknown invisible non-radiating matter. Dwarfs radiate energy - dark matter does not.

The point being - it is beyond our physics at present EVEN WHILE you are claiming that the great doubt cast on the Creator's account - is our complete understanding of what we don't know about the Universe.

The "dark matter" label is there as proof that "we have no clue what is doing this".

We can see "some anomalies" and then invent "black box matter" (if you will) but the result is that 90% of the universe becomes "black box don't know what goes here matter".

I can't believe you are taking this "I have dark matter in my basement" attitude about it.

My argument does not "need to debunk what our physics can not identify" - I simply point out where we are doing hand waiving and taking shortcuts with our black boxes for things we can't explain. The bending of light AND the configuration of the galaxies (is not supposed to be there) based on the radiating matter that we detect. So we "make stuff up" about "dark matter".

IF 90% of our solar system, or 90% of our own galaxy was composed of this "don't-know-what-it-is matter" - we would have more data on it.

And yet... evolutionists "must pretend"...

In Christ,

Bob