1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you liken?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 9, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The Holocaust with the Civil war?

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I fail to see any similarity between Hitler's killing 6 million Jews as "Final Answer" to his notion that it was the Jewish race that was keeping his Aryan (Germanic) race from being the "master race" (which, BTW, is simply evolution carried to its logical conclusion [i.e., Why should evolution end with the human race in general? Should there not within the human race arise a "fit" group to survive and be masters of the "unfit"?]) and attempting to preserve the union of the United States--which resulted in the Civil War.

Or, as we Southerners sometimes call it, "The War of Northern Agression" :eek:

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe Sherman's march was of similar intent.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Possibly. He sure carried a torch for Georgia, didn't he? [​IMG]

5. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

One can draw an analogy from anything to anything else if they set their minds to it. Is there some way in particular you mean to liken the two? If not, one could equally say they are not alike for several reasons.

See: Godwin's Law

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I thought he didn't pick and choose; I heard he just laid waste to pretty much everything.