1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Career Crisis

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Thousand Hills, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I am asking for your prayers in my current career situation. I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Currently I'm an independent contractor, paid on commission, and I'm responsible for my own health insurance, retirement, etc. Can be very profitable when the economy is good and there is plenty of work to do, but I don't see things improving anytime soon, and my business expenses are increasing. I have the opportunity to possibly take another job, it would be less money than what I'm making now but would have better benefits and more stability. I imagine the stress levels would be about the same.

To complicate matters, my wife will be graduating college soon (which I'm thankful for since its been a tough few years), but she doesn't have a job lined up yet herself and for me to change jobs right now would be additional stress/risk.

I feel confident that the Lord will provide and direct our steps, but we would still appreciate your prayers. Thanks. :godisgood:

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Dear Lord Jesus, we ask that You will supply their needs and jobs for this couple in the precious name of Jesus we ask. AMEN:praying::1_grouphug:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly your situation is in my prayers.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying with you that God will make it clear the direction you should take....:praying::1_grouphug: