1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior Continued

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, their own Baptist historians are embarrassed by the claims made by these Baptist secessionist chuckleheads.

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I hope you take the time to read the testimony I posted (primarily for your benefit), I took a lot of time to post it.

3. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read your testimony where you stated that you used to be Baptist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one that was teaching the true Gospel that God uses to save!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Real salvation results in evidence of some form of good works, but the works are not part of the justification before God, but a testimony to it having happened!

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, not for righteousness and salvation, but there is a justification before God (the Son John 1:18), Genesis 22:12, ". . . for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. . . ."

7. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adonia, It is clear you are Catholic so I have a question , let's see how honest you answer. Is your assembly a grafted in branch, or the original root, tree and branch?

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    bishop
    It is the original, the One Universal (Katholikos) Christian Church that was set in motion by Our Lord Jesus Christ. There really was no other Christian church of significance until the first great schism in the 11th century between the East and West. It is the Church that held synods and councils to decide things, most notably which religious manuscripts were to be included in the Canon of the Scriptures. The men known as the "Early Church Fathers" (mostly Bishops) were Catholics all, people who recognized the Bishop of Rome as the head bishop of the Universal Christian Church. Yes, that is what I believe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. FaithAndWorks

FaithAndWorks Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is what you believe but it is not true. You are a grafted in branch. You are wise in your own sight.
    Romans 11:11-31 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Gentiles Grafted In
    11 So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. 12 Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion"mean!

13 Now I am speaking to you (Gentiles). Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the (Gentiles), I magnify my ministry 14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. 15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? 16 If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the( root )is holy, so are the branches.

17( But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree), 18 do not be (arrogant )toward the branches. If you are, remember( it is not you who support the root), but the (root that supports you). 19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become (proud,) but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the( natural branches), (neither will he spare you). 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you (continue) in his kindness. Otherwise (you too will be cut off). 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

The Mystery of Israel's Salvation
    25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
    he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
    27 “and this will be my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”

28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.

Scripture is clear you are a grafted in branch.Pride and arrogance .....you have been warned about. It does not matter what councils convened , what men decree ,the scriptures are clear, your assembly IS NOT THE ROOT AND THE TREE NOR THE ORIGINAL BRANCHES. You're completely off . The only true thing you spoke is that, that is YOUR belief . It is clear it is NOT the word of God. No where in scripture is Christ's church called Universal. What is true is a play on words, because for Christians there should be a (universal) consensus that Christ is the Sole Authority over His church.

The word universal however, can be applied to anything that a group of people agree upon collectively. And what Christians agree upon is that the POPE is not the Sole Authority over Christ'c Church.