1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cd-rom trick?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    hello, it's me again.

i would like to inquire if anyone here knows how to play a cd-audio in a cd-rom drive - alone.

for a handful of times i saw jeepneys (popular public transportation vehicles in my country) playing cd-audio wihtout any pc. they just plugged a wire on it, connected it on a speaker, and played it.

is there a trick in doing this? how about playing dvd in a dvd-rom connected directly in a tv instead of a pc?

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

If the CD-Rom drive has a 'Play' button then you can run it by merely apply power to it and connecting to the audio output...

If it has a front panel Headphone Jack it will run a pair of headphones ok in a low noise area...

If it doesn't you will need some kind of amplifier and hook up to the audio output on the back of the Drive...

DVD drive (none that I have ever seen anyway) do not have a 'converted' output and, therefore, can not play video standalone...

They need intellegence to decode the compressed video stream from the disk...