1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CDC, covid death rate dropping to 0.26% not much worse than seasonal flu

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ex-New York Times reporter Alex Berenson: Unreported truths about COVID-19 and lockdowns

The most important estimate came on May 20, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported its best estimate was that the virus would kill 0.26 percent of people it infected, or about 1 in 400 people. (The virus would kill 0.4 percent of those who developed symptoms. But about one out of three people would have no symptoms at all, the CDC said.)

Similarly, a German study in April reported a fatality rate of 0.37 percent. A large study in April in Los Angeles predicted a death rate in the range of 0.15 to 0.3 percent.

It was all so overhyped, and I also read the virus in Europe is losing its virulence, the pushers of vaccinnes are kind of worried it will be gone before they have one ready, the virus will be dead. You know corona virus is well known for mutations.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you could DIE of a massive coronary and if you measured POSITIVE for the virus it was Wuhan.

just accept the fact YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED by the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Siegel also addressed that doctors at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) said Thursday that the coronavirus appears to be declining both in virulence and in its infection rate.

"The virus appears to be getting milder. People who are being admitted have milder symptoms. We heard the same thing out of northern Italy," Siegel said. "And guess what? I have been hearing the same thing from many doctors here in New York City over the past week or two."

Dr. Marc Siegel on faulty hydroxychloroquine data: 'This is a political hit job'
    The virus is going away as a deadly virus and I doubt it was ever that deadly, we just saw a lot of cases but we never were allowed to know how many actually had been infected, which IMO was in the millions of people starting back in Dec 2019 for the US. I am pretty certain Me and extended family and many of the school kids had it in our area in February and no one was hospitalized.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Reading the paper is useful.

• Winner Winner x 1