1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cdc cuts death rate from covid to 37,000 for May 1, half the other reported numbers.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, May 3, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the 67,000 deaths in the USA shown on the Johns Hopkins map is incorrect? In that case, they really were trying to get federal money for every single death in every state. I am sick of this lockdown. Lockdown the bad areas of Indianapolis and Gary and let the rest of us go on. A lot of minorities are not obeying the lockdown and the big shots are running around to all their different homes. I worked for a family that alluded to 4 mansions & some said that they had 5, all in different states.

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer the confirmed data, but it lags by weeks due to processing. We need to also note their caveats:

Why these numbers are different
    Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sooooo, a lower death rate in the U.S. means the quarantine was bad?...

... or that the quarantine allowed the medical community time to respond, saving lives, meaning the quarantine was good?

Time will tell, but it is sure easier to predict events after things have happened.
    ...a bit harder to foresee events before they have happened.​

Rob

5. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    sure, they also have been padding the numbers, pumping them higher, counting as covid deaths when no confirmatory testing was done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't get me wrong, as I think this entire episode has been highly politicized. Look for my comment elsewhere regarding the podcast on Asian vs Western success (Role of Science in Pandemic).

#6 RighteousnessTemperance&, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why is it so hard to read the paper?

The number is lower because of incomplete data.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The hospitals get a big chunk of money for a virus death so everything became a virus death for the purpose of collecting the federal money. The plan of paying out was a mistake of the federal government. Trump is in political trouble for the excessive spending. Imagine $25,000,000 for the Kennedy Center!

9. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree, and it is going to be a negative for states governors who shut down and do not reopen

10. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Once and done governors who cant be re elected don't care much about the politics, people or economy, what they care about is pursuing what they want to do, not what is best. Some do though care about party politics. So when you think about Virginia where governors can only be elected one time, usually being thought of as positive can be a negative cause they dont have to face the voters again in that state, so really one term creates no accountability or incentive to please voters and for them may be just a stepping stone to higher political positions, unless they commit criminal acts. Only good thing, we only have to put up with one term from them, then throw the bums out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so sick of this lockdown and the drama queens that it has spawned.

Dr. Fauci has done a good job and so has Dr. Birx but it is time to move on. In 1969 the Hong Kong Flu cost 100,000 American lives from a smaller population. There was no shutdown then and no printing of phony money.

Dr. Fauci is on the board of directors for the Bill Gates Foundation and the daughter of Dr. Birx works for the Bill Gates Foundation. I think that pro-abortion eugenicist Bill Gates should keep quiet. Candace Owens has pointed out that Bill Gates sterilized women in Kenya by giving them vaccines that secretly sterilized them:

"Experimenting on and incidentally paralyzing and infertilizing poor colored children in Africa and India is as dangerous as it sounds.
    You and @WHO got around FDA vaccine regulations by traveling to third world countries and offering “philanthropy”.

"You are both absolute scum." (Tweeted on April 15)