1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charles Billingsley

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KMF, Jun 14, 2005.

1. KMF

KMF New Member

I really like his singing but seeing him on TBN's "praise the lord" last night upset me alot. If he doesn't believe that "word of Faith" stuff then why is he being a part of it?
    If he didn't just come out of the closet on this then why is a SBC event having him sing?

Confused in Bama

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

Some musicians will sing where they can get the bling.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Charles is a "regular" at FBC Jacksonville, FL Pastor's Conference!! And I think---don't quote me---but I think he is a member at Thomas Road in Lynchburg!!

4. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

CB recently left Thomas Road, and is now on staff with David Jeremiah at Shadow Mountain Community in El Cajon.

5. intojesus

intojesus New Member

CB visits our church every year and performs a concert. I have met him several times and hes a wonderful man. Last I knew he was the Worship Pastor for Jerry Falwells church in Lynchburg, so did he leave that position???? I had not heard that? I would love an update on him.

6. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I just saw Charles singing on Falwell's show Sunday. He sang a special at Thomas Road.
    Maybe it was taped or maybe he was just visiting.
    Are you sure he has left Thomas Road. He was teaching a music class at liberty as well. He was teaching something I don't know.

I have seen him on TBN before down at their atlanta studio during one of their big praise a thons. I flipped out. He was sitting there like they do in a semi circle while some woman preacher was blabbering about something. i was like how does he stomach that mess. Anyway his ministry,not mine.

7. intojesus

intojesus New Member

I had not heard anything at all about him leaving Liberty??? I am really curious. Are we sure this is true?

8. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Okay I visited his website and he says this on his website,

"Also, stay tuned for a big announcement that I will post right here in a few weeks. Lots of changes are happening! But, it's very exciting.

Maybe thats the big announcement???

9. KMF

KMF New Member

I was at a Mens Conf. in Feb. and he said he was moving to San Degio, Ca. So unless he has backed out...he is moving to Cal. But I'm still stocked to see him on TBN. He even had some Zito dude from florida on the show. That guy looked and acted like a mini me of Benny Hinn

10. atestring

atestring New Member

Charles Billingsly
    Loves Jesus.
    He sings to Jesus and Sings for Jesus.
    TBN is about Jesus

I do not see a problem with CB being on TBN.
    Lots of people have been on TBN.

11. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    As izzaksdad said, he's now with David Jeremiah.

From the Lynchburg newspaper:
    BILLINGSLEY SAYS FAREWELL

I do have grave doubts about anyone who would appear on Praise-a-Thon, which is the top money-raising event for TBN and brings out the most over-the-top WoF claims and manipulation.

12. KMF

KMF New Member

atestring, 90% of the people on TBN are part of the WoF movement. This movement is false teachings. CB is a great singer but if I find out he's part of the WoF movement then I will not by any of his CD's.

13. shannonL

shannonL New Member

That was the deal with me RSR. Its one thing to see somebody on TBN i.e. preacher, singer etc.. on their own show. What got me was the fact that he was on the praise a thon part. That is like an endorsement of what is being said during that time which could be absolutely anything. They get wild on he praise a thons.

Ole Jerry Fallwell let Benny Hinn tour his liberty campus one time. Why would he want to spend a day with that joker? Cause ole Jerry is building his political kingdom that is why.

I like ole JF he is alright. But I tell you what the last few times I've heard him preach it was the most dull, dry, let me tell you about myself kind of preaching.

14. atestring

atestring New Member

I do not agree that WoF is false teaching. You are entitled to your opinion but i do not agree with it.

15. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Whatever TBN may be, it is not about JEsus. It is about money. It is filled with false teaching such as the WoF, which is not a matter of opinion but fact. For a professing believer to be a part of that crowd is unconscionable. I can't imagine why Billingsly would do that.

16. KMF

KMF New Member

So you believe you are a "little god"?

I remember watching Gloria Copeland talk about making a tornado go back up in the sky. If we are all "little gods" then why didn't someone stop the 4 hurricanes from hitting Florida last year?

Anyway, I'm not trying to knock Gloria or Charles Billingsley but the WoF movement is false. I just don't understand why people can't see that.

Anyone ever heard of Justin Peters from Vicksburg, Ms.? He does a seminar on the WoF movement. Go see him if he ever comes to your neck of the woods.

17. atestring

atestring New Member

Who in the world is Justin Peters?
    I am not a little god. Neither would I want to be.
    Jesus spoke to a storm so what is wrong with Ms Gloria doing that? Ms. Gloria did not say I am a little god therefore the tornado has to go back up in the sky. We can do things in the name of Jesus because there is power in His name.
    That is the reason that the early church was ordered to not preach in that name because of the power in the Name of Jesus.

18. KMF

KMF New Member

Ms. Gloria is NOT Jesus.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Moderator Note here!!!

The topic is Charles Billingsly NOT Gloria C!!

Lets get back and stay back on topic!

Blackbird---Moderator

20. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I feel if CB's thelogy is flawed, Jerry Falwell and David Jeremiah would call him on it.