1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charles Rangel's Career Ends

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Martin, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So would I! :laugh:

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I'll just hope that his career is over.

3. Terry_Herrington

'

I wouldn't count on it, in fact, his thoughts on the draft make me like him better!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know the armed forces top brass dislike the draft, with good reason.

Whether it's needed now or not, I'll leave to people who have better information and not just an opinion.

I have no problems with the draft, per se. I do have a problem with exemptions and deferments. Except for health and physical deformity, there should be none. Everyone is eligible. All or none. Male and female alike. No exceptions.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rangel is only pointing out the problem of maintaining too great a presence militarily, and that to seek to be the worlds conscience, may require conscription of our young men, knowing full well Congressmen absolutely do not want to face their constituency with it. He's reminding congress not to fight the war on terror much longer, or else.

Do not take him for a fool, as he's anything but. He's one of the finest minds, though misdirected, on the hill.

He had Sean Hannity for lunch last week, and did it so smoothly, Sean, no real brain, didn't even know it.

6. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Rangel's career assured, but he is a devout racist, and by all accounts, always will be.

7. Terry_Herrington

Judging by your posting in the "Mandatory Health Care" thread, you shouldn't call anyone a racist, at least until you explain your own apparent racist statements.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hillclimber, it must be quite stressful, red neck in a blue state.

9. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I am not a racist, but I refuse to try to find out what word is currently acceptable to use to describe Negros, Mexicans, etc. And I don't pull punches where welfare receipients are concerned either. You PC folks can simply pound sand.

10. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

and another thing. Racism is all but gone in America's white population today. It is being perpetuated by those invested in it's continuation. Nice folks like Jesse J, and Al Sharpton, Rangel and many more. If they would let racism die, they'd be changing jobs (well not Sharpton) but the world would be far better.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, Mr Hillclimber, my race is white, residing in a very conservative state, and your post is a bunch of baloney. Racism is all around, if you would stick your head out of the outhouse long enough to observe. Each race or group of people has words describing them that are kind and acceptable and those that are not. Is it that you do not want to take the time to learn them because you are too lazy, indifferent, rude, or cannot read? If you cant read, I am sure there are on line courses that can help. By the way, heres your sign.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It sounds as if you are a racist. do you describe yourself as such?

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Far from it, you see, I grew up in Mississippi in the 50s and 60s and saw and see how destructive it is. Unlike you, it is quite apparant it is still around. Your comments in various threads support my notion. By the way, you do not have to be a racist to be conservative.

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Thank you for the respect, but it isn't really necessary.

15. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I suppose in your area it may still be an issue, but not here. I never think of a racist as a conservative, though I suppose it happens. Racism has never been prevelant here in So. Ore.

16. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I'm still around........?