1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cheering the Death of Osama Bin Laden?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by PilgrimPastor, May 2, 2011.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Yea you must be right. Everything is fake except for what you say. :laugh:

It must be tough always being right and dealing with everyone else always being wrong.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I think it is biblical to be happy with the death of this monster!

Just read the Imprecatory Psalms! For instance Ps. 69 or Ps. 109!

3. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well there are pros and cons to this.

Pros is that justice has been served. As it has been told, when you take out the leader, it makes a group weaker. And hopefully that it will bring back some comfort and justice with those that lost lives and their families.

We need to applaud our troops for doing their jobs. And that they sacrifice so much. So that we can live and breathe. How their own families are sacrificing and so giving as well. To let them do this.

Cons is that sadly, his death won't bring back over 3K people who died in a tragic, and heinous way nearly ten years ago. And also the war on terror is far from finished. We have a long way to go. But hopefully this will send a message to those that want to try to hurt any innocent civilian wherever they may be whether it be USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, South America, etc!

But hopefully real healing will take place. And that we can lean on the Lord for guidance and strength.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

1st, if you are a christian than "that guy" is your brother.

2ndly....He made some very excellant points in his blog post.

PARTICULARLY the scriptures he posted.

Did you read that far?...

God clearly does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

That clearly means that cheering happily, and basically having a party in the streets because of the death of Osama is inappropiate.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, first, he is my brother. Second, you are stating your opinion as to his apporiate use of scripture. I disagree with your opinion. And, thank you for trying to serve as my conscious but I already have one and it works pretty good without your help.

#26 sag38, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Proverbs 24, 17-18...

8. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

That's funny and I actually laughed out loud when I read it. :laugh: ... The first thing this Pastor thought when I read your post is that some Christians evidently don't have enough time on their hands to think through important things like what we look like to the world and if our actions reflect Christ to the world.

#28 PilgrimPastor, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

See THIS Robert.

Nuff said! :smilewinkgrin:

#29 poncho, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  10. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

That's funny and I actually laughed out loud when I read it. ... The first thing this Pastor thought when I read your post is that some Christians evidently don't have enough time on their hands to think through important things like what we look like to the world and if our actions reflect Christ to the world.

Wow, another insult. I must be doing pretty good. Fact is, I don't think many Christians take joy in the death of anyone. Celebrating a military victory is not wrong but taking scripture out of context is.

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What Alive in Christ said.

13. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

That wasn't an insult... I disagree. I think many Christians take great joy in the death of a lot of people. My wife and I have seen them cheer at "rallies" outside of state prisons when executed. Oh yes, there is much wrong in the Body of Christ.

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Compared to the total number of Christians in the US the number of wackos cheering outside the prison walls at an execution is minimal. And, those who took a morbid joy at Osama's death are also minimal.

15. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Probably, but perhaps you would agree with me that often the "fringe" element can act as a sort of barometer, gauging a similar but more subdued sentiment in the broader populace? I'm not trying to overstate the case either.