1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot violates mask mandate

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, Oct 18, 2021.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chicago Mayor Lightfoot violated her own city mask mandate, as well as the state mask mandate, at a WMBA championship game, according to a story on Fox News.

The mayor posted a photo showing her celebrating, without a mask, the local team victory, at the arena, surrounded by masked fans.

Once again, liberal Dems refuse to obey the burdens they impose on us common folks.

I’m sure someone will count all the children that die because of this maskless, selfish, anti/science politician

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More evidence it’s about control not safety

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. For that to be true there would have to be a gain concerning the control. There isn't. Trump did not gain anything when he said to wear a mask if you can't social distance. Biden doesn't gain anything by telling you to wear two masks.

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    They especially gain nothing when they demand us common folk wear a mask, arrest us or kick us out of the place if we don’t, and then ignore their own mandates and go maskless.

Why are you not calling them selfish, child killers? Certainly if we could save one child’s life by putting these anti science mask deniers in prison for 5 years it would be worth it. Right?

Or does your self-righteous indignation only flow in one direction?

And if you don’t see the “conditioning” of citizens to accept government intrusions into their lives, based on misinformation and fear mongering, as a form of control, then your are blind to reality as well as to the science concerning this virus.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are selfish baby killers. Abortion is a DNC platform.

But no, wearing masks is a medical issue that both political parties have decided to make political.

Until covid you would be considered an idiot to claim masks provide no protection from viruses. And until covid you would have been considered an idiot to claim people needed to wear masks even when not in close contact with infected people.

6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Fauci stated, at the beginning of this mess, that masks give no protection to this virus or any other. It’s like stopping a mosquito with a chain link fence.

So we agree, but for different reasons, that the Dr is an idiot.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. That actually was not what Dr. Fauci said. But I do think there is more about politics to him. He was a Reagan guy, after all. (What Faucibsaid was the typical masks bought ay drug stores were not very effective protecting against viruses).

Let me ask you - we know that P95 masks provide a protection rating of 10 PF against alpha particles (which is not good.....but it is better than nothing).

Now, if these masks provide at least some protection against alpha particles (3.6 fermi) how do they provide absolutely no protection against a covid virus which is 1000000000 times larger?

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that is exactly what he said. I watched it myself. I heard it myself. It used to be easy to look up, but the tech Lords have probably removed it by now.

No use speaking to you about this virus or anything associated with it. We can’t agree on a single fact that is part of the record.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also heard him. I know what he said about the drug store masks.

I am asking you if it makes sense to you that P95 masks provide some (not much) protection against particles that are 3.6 fermi but absolutely no protection against a virus that is 1000000000 times larger.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me ask another way, @canadyjd .....

P95 masks are at least (minimum) 95% effective at stopping particles from .1 to .3 microns. The virus itself is 0.125 microns. But the virus does not travel alone (viruses travel in aerosol droplets).

And while not very effective they do provide protection (10PF) against alpha particles which are much smaller.

Do how does these masks not provide at least some protection against viruses?

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon, I do believe you are on the DNC payroll! :Thumbsup:Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep that is exactly what he said here ya go

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny....I had thought the same about you from time to time.

I do not believe the DNC thinks things through. You may agree with Fauci. That's your business.

But I will ask you -

P95 masks provide a protection level of PF10 against alpha particles. Not very good....but some protection.

P95 masks filter 95% of particles .1 to .3 microns. The covid virus is .125 microns not counting suspension.

How can P95 masks not provide any protection against viruses?

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it you guys believe Fauci when it suits you?

Why don't you explain how P95 masks filter 95% of particles .1 to .3 microns, provide a 10 PF protection against alpha particles, yet can have absolutely no protection against .125 micron particles suspended in aerosol droplets?

15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, if you can’t reason with facts, baffle with cowpox.

The VIRUS is not stopped by the masks. Large particles are, but the VIRUS is not. That is scientific fact, which you continue to ignore.

And people aren’t buying the n95 masks (you said your employer provides yours) because of the expense. If I remember in my area they were several dolllars $4-6 per mask, single use.

Families can’t afford that.

You are impossible to have a conversation with. Everything is smoke and mirrors, slight of hand, deny the facts, use misinformation and scare tactics to make it seem the virus is far more risky than it is and the masks are far more effective than they are.

Good day to you sir! I say GOOD DAY!

peace to you

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am trying to get what you ate saying, but it does not make sense to me.

Why do you think that a .125 micron virus (just one particle) in suspension would not be stopped by a mask that filters 95% of particles .1 to .3 microns?

How can these masks provide at least some protection against alpha particles (PF10) but absolutely none against particles even larger?

That does not even make sense. Even if the P95 masks were not 95% against .125 particles they would provide some protection.

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are talking about particles measured in “microns” which is one millionth of a meter.

Viruses are measured in nanometers which is one billionth of a meter. Viruses are literally 1000 times smaller than you claimed. A virus will go through an N95 mask like a gnat through an open window.

Everything you posted about N95 masks stopping a virus is MISINFORMATION!. It is not true.

I know you will ignore scientific truth and just regurgitate more nonsense, but at least I tried.

peace to you

#17 canadyjd, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Driving to work this morning I was thinking about how to explain to an adult what was common knowledge just a few years ago. I love you, brother, but I also think you are rejecting what you know to be true as you are a bit "over influenced" by the anti-science liberals.

I think I know how to explain this to you. Rather than focusing on radioactivity and the fact P95 masks provide some radcon protection let's look at a more elementary school explanation.

We know respiratory viruses are in the bodies of effected people. They spread through droplets when people talk, caugh, sneeze, yawn, etc.

The anti-covid-vaxers will say a mask cannot stop a water molecule because of its size. Get a hot cup of coffee. Put a mask on top. The anti-covid-vaxers believe the mask will have no effect and the steam will pass through unimpeded. But you can see for yourself they are wrong. Some steam (depending on the amount) may pass through but a lot of the moisture will be in the mask.

Now get a mirror or a pair of glasses. Breath on it. What you see is moisture. Get a piece of cloth. Breathe through it for a few minutes. Doyou feel the warmth on tge cloth? Put it against your cheek. Can you feel the mixture.

This moisture is what we call "droplets". When we exhale (breathe out) we exhale moist air (we "breathe out droplets").

As you have seen, these droplets can be stopped by a mask.

What, you may ask, does this have to do with viruses?

Respiratory viruses are spread through these droplets when a person is infected by a respiratory virus. We do not just exhale separate water molecules, bacteria, viruses, etc. We exhale droplets which contain (are made up or composed) these things.

If you stop the droplets you stop the virus, bacteria, etc that are in the droplets.

Does that help you understand?

#18 JonC, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2021
  19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although I appreciate being spoken to as a child with info I learned in the 5 grade, let’s look at what you said.

You stated in post #16 that a virus measures at .125 microns. That is untrue. They measure about 1000 times smaller., at about .2 nanometers.

I understand viruses attach to aerosol particles in the air, usually expelled by coughs or sneezes.

You win JonC. I agree with you if someone bought N95 masks for all their family members, at $4-6 per single use mask, and wore them 24 hours a day, every day, the mask would protect them from 95% of droplets that might contain a virus which the overwhelming majority of people will survive with no complications 99.9+% of the time..

Where we disagree is the actual risk of this virus and the government overreach into our families, schools and businesses.

So please, you win the argument on particle size and n95 masks stopping 95% of particle droplets.

You are wrong on everything else that really matters.

peace to you

#19 canadyjd, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So e of what I said was for you to figure out (like radiation vs contamination).

I did not mean to speak to you as a child, I just didn't know of another way to explain it to you.

Two concrete barriers set 3 people apart may not stop a person but it will stop a vehicle containing people.

Viruses are not just floating out of people. They are in a type of suspension (like saliva, sweat, mucus, etc.).

You can deny that masks stop these droplets, but I belueve everybody (including you) knows better.

You can deny that stopping droplets containing viruses is a protective measure, but again I think everybody (including you) knows better.