1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chick Publications

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many folks taking up for the Catholics here. What about his treatment of Evolution, Islam, Masonry and Mormonism?

Unfair as well?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an EASY way to begin to witness. Hey, my electric bills have THEIR enclosures and slick four-color stuff for ME to read . . why not turn the tables and give them a life-changing message.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron, no one is "taking up" for Catholics here. Comon' man. They are saying that false information, hateful and inflaming words, and gross cartoons is NOT the best way to get the message of Law and Gospel out to these folks.

Speaking the truth (not distortion and lies) in love (not hate, bitter, caustic, demeaning) is a spiritual trait I have NEVER witnessed in Chick's comics.

4. Rooster

Rooster New Member

wow, how quickly everyone will turn on a man who's ministry, has brought thousands if not hundreds-of-thousands, if not millions to the saveing knowlage of Christ. I'll bet there is'nt a person here, posting on this board who has reached as many lost souls as Jack Chicks gosple tracks( shame on you for pointing a finger at him) , as loony as he may be, come the day God is handing out crowns , and rewards for service, not many of you will want to stand in line behind him, because you may not recieve as much as he. I have known a few people that came to know Christ as a direct result of "Chick tracts", the views that he hold on roman catholics is not false, there are many books that prove that the Roman Catholic church is a mirror image of the Pagen Cult, may I suggest reading "two Babylons" by Hilsop, all the info gathered in his "are Roman Catholics realy Cristians" tract was taken from accual events, or from Catholic Dogmatic law, or the Catholic Bible (adding their own books to support purgitory) Quoptes from past popes, I ask you how is it made up? and why is the truth considerd "hate" (Galatians 4:16)? are you upset because he exposes the truth about the "other bible versions", I have gone on his web site and read what he says about Catholics, he says that he is not speaking from hate or biggotry, but rather out of love, wanting to give the truth to lost souls, people that don't know they are lost. why must you trample on a Man of God, arent we as Christians supposed to encourage, and hold eachother up, instead of bad mouthing Pastors, and giving a false witness about them? Whos next? Its shouldn't be all that supprising to me, that Satan would attack someone serving God, or haveing a ministry of some kind. It is because of the work that Jack Chick does for God, that Satan uses you to try and tear him down, I DARE you to evangelize, and have a ministry, (and if Gods hand is realy in it,makeing it succesful) see if Satan doesn't try attacking you. Its easy to sit in the pews , and judge, there is no scrutiny, but try serving the Lord, and see what kind of scrutiny you face on a day to day basis (all the Pastors out there, or sunday school teachers, or youth Pastors know what I'm talking about). may God forgive us when we become a stumbling block to fellow belivers.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rooster. You have the right to your opinion. But just read the Chick comics on Catholics, on KJV, on Masons and it is FULL of hate, misinformation and error.

That people have gotten saved reading some of his tracts is a measure of how great God is and how the Gospel works with/inspite of man.

6. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I have read those comics , and own, and pass them out offten, I found no evidence of "hate", or misinformation, or error, in fact Chick publications often quote were they got the information from, once again I ask how is the truth concidered hate?

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe that Catholics were the real force behind the Holocaust, not Hitler?

8. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    'It is because of the work that Jack Chick does for God, that Satan uses you to try and tear him down, ... "

God forbid!

It is to laugh. Rooster, everything that Chick does is full of hate, and often full of lies. Our faith does not prosper from distortion and lies.

"I have read those comics, and own, and pass them out offten, I found no evidence of "hate", or misinformation, or error, in fact Chick publications often quote were they got the information from, ... "

Then you are willfully blind.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This book proves nothing - it is not credible and not respected as a credible source.

"The Two Babylons: A Case Study in Poor Research Methodology"
    http://users.clarkston.com/rcorson/2babylons.htm

Chick's tracts on the occult that I've seen are terrible.

10. Sspinko52

Sspinko52 New Member

Rooster, I'm with you. Jack Chick simply tells the truth that today's American Christian doesn't want to actually see. Yes, he's passionate about certain stuff...like speaking realistically about folks who are on the road to hell. But no, he doesn't use the womanly, soft mushy lovey approach that the American church has grown accustomed to using b/c of soft pastors who are afraid to tell things like they really are. What a shame! And I happen to know of several people whose lives have been changed (for the kingdom of God) b/c of Chick Tracts. I guess it boils down to the fact that it takes all kinds of approaches to reach all kinds of folks. Maybe?

And what, may I ask, IS a credible source? Who or what has to say something in order for some of you to accept something? What or who is a credible source? Who has to say it for you to accept it?

Sorry for jumping in on this topic that hasn't been commented on in five months! [​IMG]

11. Sspinko52

Sspinko52 New Member

Sorry, I was looking at Marcia's registration date and thought it was the date of the last post on this thread. Guess this would make me a non-credible source too? [​IMG]

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

"And what, may I ask, IS a credible source? Who or what has to say something in order for some of you to accept something? What or who is a credible source? Who has to say it for you to accept it?"

When something is poorly researched and the "facts" it presents cannot be backed up and/or can be refuted, it's not a credible source.

Why should Christians use things like Chick tracts or bad books that have misinformation in them? Chick's do. As Christians, we should want to use the truth since we are tyring to share a Savior who is Truth. It just goes against us to use materials that people know have wrong info or can easily find out is wrong.

13. superdave

superdave New Member

Gen 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that
    many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

God can use anything to touch someones heart, that doesn't make it right.

14. Optamill

Optamill New Member

15. natters

natters New Member

I don't use Chick tracts simply because I don't believe in using falsehoods to further God's kingdom.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

falsehoods= falsewitness
    doesn't sound like something a Christian would want to have anything to do with.
    Satan is the father of lies, all truth is of God. Which are we to choose?

17. Sspinko52

Sspinko52 New Member

Okay, you guys have my attention. I'm not in agreement, but you have my attention. Everyone keeps mentioning the lies, falsehoods, hate, etc. that Jack Chick uses...then give me some specifics. What lies has he told? What falsehoods? What hate does he spew? Let's give specifics. I'm open to correction. But before you start giving me generals, give me FACTS. And not just from websites b/c we all know that websites are flawed. Anyone can say anything on a website. Like I said, I'm open and listening.

Donna, we can talk about lies, but that's another thread (see Rahab and how she lied and was blessed by God). All truth is of God, I agree. But is it possible that people have lied to Mr. Chick only to maybe discredit him? Maybe he's been set up by people and made to look like a fool in front of us. The dude professes that Jesus Christ is THE Savior and Lord and the only way to get to God...doesn't sound like a whacko to me. He points folks to Christ. He strives to lead people out of deception like cults, freemasonry, witch craft, and Catholicism just to name a few things. Yeah, sounds like a whacko to me (saying that with just a bit of sarcasm). Let's stone the dude. :(

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

So what your saying is his lies are justified? Does God want us to lie? Does He want us to lie in order to try and sprad the godpel? Isn't that godpel tainted if we had to lie? And isn't the gospel good enough all on it's own that we shouldn't have to lie to encourage poeple toward it?
    All you have to do is read his tracts to see the hate and false junk he spews.

19. Sspinko52

Sspinko52 New Member

No, that's not what I was saying and I apologize if it sounded that way. My response to what you just posted is his "lies" are not justified (if only I knew what these lies are), God doesn't want us to lie (except in Rahab's case), we don't need to lie inorder to spread the gospel, yes the gospel is good enough on its own. I have read his tracts, but i haven't read any lies in them. Specifics, please. Not hatred either. Maybe strong truth...but not hatefulness nor lies. Specifics please. (And I'm not trying to fight here...just defending a guy that I believe to be legit). It sounds like hatred for Jack Chick here on this thread. That's not good either.

Where ya at, Rooster?!?

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yep, quite a few RCC's going to be saved by this tract. You don't teach the love of Christ by speaking hate against other people who aren't like you. The best way to combat the teachings of the RCC is reach the gospel, love, and when it comes up speaking with an RCC show them the bible, not personal attacks against them and their beleifs. Jesus didn't do it neither should we, He taught the truth about God, His love for us.
    http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5023/5023_01.asp

When I was a Catholic this would have repulsed me, I would never have listened to anything anyone giving me something like this had to say.